There’s a scene in Joe Vs. The Volcano where Joe Banks, who is starting a journey of life’s discovery asks a Mexican band at a restaurant to play a song for the girl he is trying to woo.

“What did you do?” asks DeDe
“I bribed them to sing a song that would drive us insane and make our hearts swell and burst” Joe Banks responds

Pretty smooth line if you ask me, and I’m a royal sucker for this kind of soppy stuff. The movie is a solid fav for Paul and I, not only for the love story but because it’s about taking a leap of faith and following a different path. Kinda my life motto really.

It was 16 years ago today that Paul and I took that leap and we’ve been on this crooked road ever since. My heart swelled with love the day he agreed to be mine and it’s never stopped growing. No matter where we go, or what we do I know that my soul-mate will follow me…even all the way to the heart of the volcano. And that, my friends, is what life is all about.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Here’s hoping your heart will swell and burst too :)
N-20130210 Cats (5) (JPG)

24 Responses to May Your Hearts Swell & Burst With Love….

1. spurandgair says:

Awwwww that;s nice Nina!
    Happy Valentine’s Day to you two love birds too!
    I am fortunate to report that Gari & I are approaching 19 years of wedded bliss and a few more years of togetherness before that! We agree, nothing comes close to being as good as LOVE

2. John says:

May you enjoy 16 times 16 more.

3. Karen says:

My husband and I are twice that long and I can’t imagine loving anyone else but him. Joe vs the Volcanomis one of my faves too – it’s always going to be something with you, isn’t it?!

Fabulous! Congrats on the long years together. And yes, it’s always going to be something with you, isn’t it Joe?

4. Bob says:

Yup. Happy Valentine’s Day!

5. cozygirl says:

Nothing like finding your soul mate!! HAPPY hearts and kisses to you two!!

6. Janet says:

Hearts swell and burst…….I love that. Thank you!

And what an amazing couple you two are! Happy Valentine’s Day! :)

8. My heart just swoll and bursted reading this.

And, YES. YES! YOU BETCHA!

9. Lee and Shelia says:

((((((( Nina )))))))))……. ))))))) Paul ((((((( you 2 are awesome….

10. Else ireland says:

Your writing is AMAZING. Happy Valentines from a Norwegian full time traveler, with my Valentine of 48 years. Life is good. Always look forwards to your emails. Keep it up. Blessings, Else.

11. Donna K says:

Awww… that’s sweet. Happy Valentine’s Day to a wonderful couple. Hope you had a wonderful day. Love the kitty picture.

12. Jeff and Cheryl says:

Nina,
    My last response contained a senior moment misdirection. Farmers Market is in Oro Valley, not Catlina. Right going out of the Park, left on Tangerine, then left again on La Canada. Wishing we were there right now.

13. bayrider says:

Sweet! Congrats to you both. This is a very happy blog, you must be very happy people!