There’s a scene in Joe Vs. The Volcano where Joe Banks, who is starting a journey of life’s discovery asks a Mexican band at a restaurant to play a song for the girl he is trying to woo.
“What did you do?” asks DeDe
“I bribed them to sing a song that would drive us insane and make our hearts swell and burst” Joe Banks responds
Pretty smooth line if you ask me, and I’m a royal sucker for this kind of soppy stuff. The movie is a solid fav for Paul and I, not only for the love story but because it’s about taking a leap of faith and following a different path. Kinda my life motto really.
It was 16 years ago today that Paul and I took that leap and we’ve been on this crooked road ever since. My heart swelled with love the day he agreed to be mine and it’s never stopped growing. No matter where we go, or what we do I know that my soul-mate will follow me…even all the way to the heart of the volcano. And that, my friends, is what life is all about.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/48°Partly Cloudy77°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing