Flakes of white
My soul delight
Nina Fussing 2013
I had a completely different post planned for you today. A rather typical update of our last few days of nomadic adventures sprinkled with a few hikes, a couple of lovely sunsets…even a visit with some wonderful bloggers of feathery slant (all will be revealed in due time)
But then magic happened…
A white wonderland opened in the desert and everything I’d planned went out the window. The picture that painted itself before us was a flurry of snow’s delight, a dreamy landscape of winter dreams, an all-enveloping pillow of pure delight. THIS was blogging worthy news that just had to be shared right away. So we stayed home to take in the show and report the results. In the depth of the desert, in the heart of the wilds, we’ve experienced a snowy miracle. And OH IT IS GLORIOUS!
We’re hanging at Catalina State Park just north of Tucson, AZ. We’ve been here a few days now and have done, well….absolutely nothing. It’s simply too relaxing, too naturally enticing to go anywhere. You know the type of spot. So we’ve been hanging, and hiking and generally basking in the mountains and the warm sunshine.
Today is a different day. Overnight a wild storm started brewing with a forecast for cold chills and snow levels falling to ~2000 feet. Our superbly handy phone app (WeatherBug) alerted us to the impending blizzard with an alarm yesterday afternoon, so we tucked everything away and waited for the show to start. The night wind blew but otherwise mother nature stayed her course. Then this AM the temperatures started dropping, grey clouds rolled in and the magic engaged. First a touch, then a light caress, then a snowy blanket deepened on the ground. It’s 2:00pm, the temperature is registering just around freezing and our cozy little RV is surrounded by crazy, splendid white wilderness.
Likely this picturesque delight will not last long. As I sit here blogging my last few words the sky has already opened to up a pale blue and the white dream is starting to melt. It may only have lasted an afternoon, but it was magical indeed.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear81°/50°Clear81°/48°Clear84°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Nomad Liberation Day!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey