A basic, but very friendly RV park in a GREAT location in Boise, ID
- Site quality = 2.5/5
Just so-so sites here. They are all basic, cleared flat dirt with decent separation (there’s “double-size” between each RV -> a space for your RV and a space next to it for your car) with water/electric (greenbelt-facing sites) or full hookups (50 Amp/water/sewer), but really not much else. Most sites are separated by a concrete pad, some have a strip of grass, several have decent trees (ours was actually quite shaded although the tree threw sap all over the RV), but only a select number have picnic tables. The water/electric only sites had a bit more grass, but were generally smaller in size (smaller rigs only). Electricity OK, but water pressure was low.
- Facilities = 3.5/5
Decent facilities. Bathrooms and toilets were a tad older, but spotlessly clean. Low water pressure in the showers, but otherwise good temps and plenty of space. All showers have separate bench and hooks for your stuff.
- Amenities = 3/5
Decent, but basic amenities. There is a large, clean on-site laundry ($1.50 per wash), grassy areas, propane, dump and BBQ area. Decent (workable) on-site WiFi although signal was poor the further you got from the office.
- Location = 5/5
Location is what you come here for. Boise Riverside RV Park is literally ON the greenbelt with direct access to the bike-hike trail and only ~15 mins from downtown. Excellent location for anything you want to do in town.
- Pet friendliness = 5/5
Good area for doggie. There’s limited space at camp, but there is an on-site (large, green) pet-walk area and you are right on the greenbelt for access to miles of walking (and river dips) right from camp. Also, you’re only ~15 mins from the foothills and all the extra hiking there.
Overall rating = 3.8
BONUS ALERT: Camp RIGHT on the Boise greenbelt and only ~5 miles from downtown!
Summary: This park is all about location, location, location. On the cosmetic side I would call it a basic private RV park. Sites are basic dirt with full hookups (rather low water-pressure, but otherwise fine), decent separation, some basic grass or concrete in-between, decent trees, but not much in the way of “extras”. There’s good, basic facilities, good amenities, everything is clean and well-kept and the owners are super-friendly and supportive (e.g. you can wash your RV for only $5). All good stuff, but not exactly stunning. Where the park wins me over is location. You are literally RIGHT on the Boise greenbelt, with direct access to miles of walking, biking and water-dips (for doggie) right from camp. Also you’re only ~5 miles from downtown and the Boise foothills. When we came to Boise a few years back we stayed at Hi Valley which was a very neat park, but further from town. Boise Riverside is more basic and not as modern, but in a much, much better location. I think if we come back we’ll choose to stay here again.
Extra Info: Excellent Verizon signal (4G LTE and 3G). On-site WiFi is workable, although signal is poor as you get further from the office. Sites cost $32.56/night or $179.22/week or $375/month for full hookups. Water/electric only sites are $25/night. Good Sam’s Discount. On-site dump station and propane.
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/45°Chance of Rain68°/41°Chance of Rain54°/32°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!