I don’t often do book reviews on this blog, but every now and then a good one comes along and I feel compelled to share. If you’ve never heard of Technomadia they are a young couple who’ve been fulltime RVers for over 6 years. Their blog was one of the first ones I signed-up to follow when we went on the road and I’ve been a big fan ever since. One of the things I consistently look forward to are their tech topics. These guys are true geeks, but manage to talk about the techno-stuff in a clear, easy and fun way. I’ve learned a ton from them over the years, and it’s led to improvements in our own RV life.
Their latest endeavor tackles the oft-complicated topic of internet on the road. With so many options out there it can be terribly confusing trying to figure out what to buy and how to put it together. What if you only need a little bit of internet? Or, on the other hand, what if you need it all the time? No matter what your level the new The Mobile Internet Handbook – US RVer Edition will cover you needs. In their words this book “covers cellular, WiFi, satellite, HAM, cable/DSL, boosting, hints & tricks, managing bandwidth and most importantly – setting your expectations for what life on the road with mobile internet is like.”
It’s well-written, easy-to-understand and goes through all the options for US-based travelers in a fun, clear way. I wish this thing had been out when we started RVing! With over 85 pages and 26,000 words, there’s not much they don’t cover. Whether you’re just starting to investigate your RV internet options, or possibly looking to upgrade your existing system I recommend giving this book a read. More info on the book HERE.
Congrats to Cherie & Chris on their book-launch!
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain55°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness