Just a short one today. Paul is home, our family is once again whole and I am deeply thankful. It’s days like this that I realize how lucky I am…that I have family and friends who love me, that I have a hubby who is my soulmate, that I am able to live this amazing life on the road, that the people I meet (& those who read this blog!) enrich my life and become part of my nomadic tribe, that I am able to enjoy nature’s glory everyday, that I am healthy…oh, the list goes on.

I am truly thankful for it all!

C-20131112 Desert Hot Springs (6) (JPG)

As a little side-note it also happens to be my birthday today. Not that I really want to draw attention to my advancing age (after around the age of 25 that no longer holds quite the same allure for us gals), but because this day is rather historic. The next time Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and my B-Day coincide will be year 79811, a mere 77,798 years from now. By that time I will be long gone into the spiritual realm or well into many of my future lives, depending on what you believe, and I can’t even conceive of what the earth may or may not look like. Food for thought….

Here’s wishing you all a wonderful day. May you have many things to be thankful for!

40 Responses to Thankful & Historic

1. renee says:

Thankful for YOU and your fun posts – giving me inspiration and feeding my wanderlust longing. Will join you for an adventure somewhere, someday – hopefully in the not so distant future.
    And a HAPPY, Happy Birthday to you!!! ;-)

2. swedegis says:

Happy birthday!!! Celebrate!!! Love reading about your adventures. We will be joining the full timing adventure next year.

3. Lee and Shelia says:

Happiest of Birthday’s thanks for the Memories of your adventures…

4. Joanne says:

Happy Thanksbirthday, Nina! Your blog has been one of the *driving* forces in helping with our decision to hit the road in 2014. We’re thankful to be able to follow you and Paul and the furkids along on your Wheeling It adventures.

Cheers,

5. swedegis says:

Happy birthday and happy thanksgiving!!! Love reading about your adventures! We will be full timing next year and you have provided so many helpful hints! Enjoy and celebrate like crazy!!!

6. Happy Birthday from your fellow RVing Danes

7. Rod says:

Happy B-Day & Thanksgiving !

Rod StClair rodstclair@gmail.com

8. Luna says:

Happy Birthday!

I’m thankful for my health and my place in the world. And for your wonderful blog :) I look forward to crossing paths someday.

PS: Fun to read this today as I’m spending the day with a good friend who also has a birthday today. I mentioned the 77,798 years thing :D

9. Chuck says:

Nina, before I even finished what you posted I was going to write a note to thank you for your beautiful expression of gratitude. Then I read further and realized we share the same birthday also… though not the same year — far from it. I’m 79 today and thankfully living a contented, rich, healthy life, which includes RV travel. I wish you and Paul the best in the new year, and thank you for your always upbeat, grateful blog posts. ~ Chuck

10. Ralph says:

Now that Paul is back home …you gotta behave! Seriously…hope you have a wonderful birthday and Thanksgiving. And yes..there is MUCH to be thankful for!!

11. Armando T Novell says:

Happy Birthday from your Florida Family Ana,Annie,Alex,Armando ,Mima and Ana

12. Rob says:

Happy Birthday!

13. Jim Ross says:

We are thankful for you and your family. Happy birthday and wish you many more to come. Happy Thankgiving!

14. Else ireland says:

Happy Birthday, Nina. May you have MANY more. Our love to you and Paul on this Thanksgiving day. Else and Kim.

15. Donna K says:

Happy Birthday Nina. Glad your family is all together on this day.

16. Hanna says:

Thank you for your good wishes, Nina. Happy Thanksgiving and a huge congratulations on your birthday.
    All the best,
    Hanna
    PS I have published a post with a lighthouse :-)

17. John says:

Happy Birthday, Nina – especially this historic one! Thanks for sharing your wonderful boondocking finds with the rest of us!

18. Happy Birthday, NIna, We wish you all the best and many years of great adventures.
    We have many things to thank for. We are thankful to You and Paul for the inspiration and help you shared to all of us full timers through your wonderful blog. Have a wonderful birthday celebration!

19. Happy Thanksgiving from our House On Wheels to yours!!

20. Sherry says:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Paul Nina and Happy Happy Birthday. Thanks so much for all the information you bring to everyone of your readers. I am thankful for you.

21. Melissa says:

Happy birthday Nina. Just love reading your posts. Yours is about the only one that I religiously read and take away such good feelings from it. Thank you. Any chance of you hitting Empire ranch this year?

22. Gerri Jones says:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Hope you’ve had a great day!!!

23. Pleinguy says:

Thanks for sharing your adventures. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Take care.

24. Gunta says:

You’ve certainly turned this day into an EVENT. I’m so glad to hear it’s such a happy one! Best wishes to you and Paul and the paws!

25. Rowanova says:

Happy Birthday, Nina! And Happy Thanksgiving to both of you.

And hopefully many more of both for all of us. :-)

26. Janna says:

Happy birthday Nina–Michael and I consider meeting you and Paul as one of our blessings this year–you are both great writers and a wealth of information. May our paths cross again this winter! Happy Thanksgiving!

27. Papa says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY…..now we know your25+
    Happy Thanksgiving to all
    Papa

28. Happy birthday, Nina. Thank you for the gift of you wonderful writing and scads of information..

Happy Thanksgiving, too.

29. Paul says:

Happy Birthday Nina! I hope our paths cross someday and we get to meet you and Paul.

30. Jerry B. says:

I don’t know if you’ve seen this Ted talk but it fits perfectly on this or any Thanksgiving day. And thanks for all your great posts and photography.

31. We join the chorus & love to visit every post & dream on the pix.. Sometime we’ll meet up. Happy day! Come stay in Mt. Shasta!

32. Kathryn says:

Happy birthday! I thought it was amazing enough that the two holidays were syncing, let alone adding the birthday.

33. geogypsy2u says:

Gobbletov and Happy Birthday! Seems we all have much to be thankful for.

34. Dave'n'Kim says:

Wow can you imagine how many more fantastic and useful posts Nina could write in the next 77798 years?! ;-) Best wishes from Dave’n’Kim

35. dan says:

Happy Birthday! Always enjoy your posts!

36. dawnbmoore says:

Hope you had a very happy auspicious birthday, Nina!

37. Pauline, Jim & Da' Boyz says:

Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving!! (also have two siblings who trade on & off Thanksgiving Day). We are getting closer to starting our nomadic adventure & enjoy your posts. Happy Trails! :)

38. Rick Garboden says:

Happy Birthday Nina, I hope that you had a wonderful day.

I stopped counting birthdays at 25 and now celebrate anniversaries of my 25th birthday.

39. Hurger says:

Thank You Nina! I count you and Paul among our many blessings. You give us pause to reflect on peaceful musings in an otherwise chaotic world. We love reading of your adventures. Happy Birthday!

40. Linda in NE says:

Happy Birthday, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hanukkah!! I always find your posts interesting & informative.