We are in our new “home”, our temporary abode for the month of June and our first hosting job of the year. This is our 3rd year hosting in the summer and I always look forward to these times. For us they represent a slowing of pace and a bonding with nature while the rest of the world scrambles around looking for summer bookings and squeezing in short vacation outings. In a switch of characters you could say the world moves while we stop….hunkering down in our own little natural paradise for the “sacrifice” of a few hours storytelling in the cool little local lighthouse. It’s a pretty darn perfect life if you ask me.
We’ve settled into Cape Disappointment, a 1882-acre park offering 27 miles of ocean beach, 2 lighthouses and hiking trails to match. The first thing we did when we got here was rush down to the beach and put our feet in the sand while doggie did a “crazy run” with glee to be back on the coast. The whole feet-in-the-sand thing is a simple, yet profoundly moving thing for me. At the first touch of that cool sand I feel connected to the earth. The grains move between my feet and the sound of the ocean tide rhythmically sings lulling me into a deep, soul meditation. It’s hard to explain but it’s like everything that I might have built up over the months flows out of me into the earth and I receive a deep sigh of “ahhhhhh” in return. No psychologist needed…just nature’s therapy baby!
So, here we are. Over the next few weeks I’ll give you lots more pics and the full “low-down” on the area including details of our hosting jobs and the local sightseeing, but for now I simply wanted to give you with taste and (hopefully) leave you wanting for more.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayFog75°/52°Fog73°/52°Partly Cloudy73°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey