You’ll often hear about how man shaped a landscape, but we’re in a place where landscape has most definitely shaped man. The southwest corner of Colorado is part of the “Four Corners” area where the dramatic mountains of the Rockies sweep low into the semi-arid canyons and mesas of the Utah, Arizona and New Mexico that have [...]
I originally thought about calling this post “1000 pictures of awe-inspiring and absolutely mind-blowing Ancient Puebloan dwellings”, but figured both the title and the number of shots might be somewhat, shall we say, too much? The truth is 1000 pictures probably wouldn’t do it justice. Mesa Verde is enormous and contains so much well-preserved history it’s [...]
In my mind one of the biggest shifts in the history of mankind was the transition from an ancient hunter-gatherer society to a more modern and static horticulture-based lifestyle. The transition changed almost everything about the way we live, and what we eat. The latter is actually a really interesting topic that I might touch on one day on the [...]
If you folks think we’ve been wasting away the past few days by playing and frolicking around in the forest you would be…errmm well…correct.
Well folks we’ve made it to Colorado! We took our first steps late yesterday afternoon dropping our jacks in a beautiful forest valley just north of Pagosa Springs, releasing our feet onto the glorious green floor and refreshing our senses with the fabulous chill of the San Juan River running only 20 feet away.
This is [...]
Like all great projects they claimed it couldn’t be done. Yet in the end all it took was a man, a vision, some industrial ingenuity and the fortitude to make it happen. It was the early 1870′s and prospectors in hunt of gold and precious metals had flooded out west, most making the perilous journey [...]
And the Colorado rocky mountain high
I’ve seen it rainin’ fire in the sky
You can talk to God and listen to the casual reply
Rocky mountain high
(John Denver, “Rocky Mountain High”)
Well, we’ve spent 6 awesome weeks in Colorado and it’s just about time to come down off the [...]
It’s hard to believe such a small thing could cause so much trouble. That’s really the first thing that comes to mind when you look at the brown, wasted slopes of the mountains. All this beauty, all the majestic might of the Rockies and a little 5mm bug is enough to eat it all up. [...]
Happiness is a form of courage. ~Holbrook Jackson
I’ve always admired people who follow their dreams. It takes a certain courage to step out of bounds and follow a different path, a certain confidence to seek your happiness despite the conventions of everyday life. It’s something I’ve always tried to foster in my own life [...]
Tush, buttocks, bum, buns, rear, derriere, rump, fanny, backside….
It has as almost many names in English as the Eskimo’s have for snow. It’s a prominent part of each of us and yet a small player in the universe of things.
It’s not often you talk about it. It’s there, it serves a purpose, it’s the [...]
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy73°/55°Clear75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing