Like all great projects they claimed it couldn’t be done. Yet in the end all it took was a man, a vision, some industrial ingenuity and the fortitude to make it happen. It was the early 1870′s and prospectors in hunt of gold and precious metals had flooded out west, most making the perilous journey [...]
We’re nearing the end of our time here in New Mexico. What started off as a potential 2-week trip with the idea that “we’ll just make a couple of stops” turned into a tremendous 2-month exploration of a fascinating and diverse place. I’m not exaggerating when I say that New Mexico has blown us away. It’s [...]
So it’s officially the first day of summer, the solstice, the longest day of the year. Technically the earth’s axis is at exactly 23.4 degrees relative to the sun. Historically it’s a day of celebration, ceremony and fascinating pagan rites, but in Nina terms it means beautifully long sunny days and barefoot walks in the grass.
It’s the turn of [...]
I often talk about the interesting and unusual people we meet RVing. Believe it or not, the folks who full-time RV are as varied and individual as the stars. We’ve met young couples in their 20′s, families with home-schooled kids, older people (up to late 80′s), artists, writers, geeks, individualists, professionals….and they full-time in all kinds of rigs [...]
We’ve been very busy these past weeks exploring all the cool little corners of The Enchanted Circle NM. There is so much to see here, and so many interesting side-stories to discover. From hidden petroglyphs in the Rio Grande Valley, to the moving and beautiful Vietnam Veterans Memorial (the life-work of a father in [...]
We’ve had the fine fortune to camp by rivers and water these past few weeks. After our week-long stint at the beautiful Eagle Nest we decided to work our way further around the Enchanted Circle and sneak off for the week-end into the forest. We’ve found a near-perfect site nestled in the woods with [...]
It’s not an exaggeration to say that much of the West was built on gold. The Moreno Valley is no exception. Located in remote and savage country at high altitude, the area was virtually unvisited until the discovery of the irresistible yellow stuff. It all changed when a Ute Indian traded some “pretty rocks” with the soldiers at Fort Union in 1866. [...]
“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’ve never seen the story of the poor Mexican fisherman, it’s a classic well worth reading. The tale is a simple philosophical exchange about the circle of life, the meaning of success [...]
I must say we’ve had some darn good travel mojo these past few months. We’ve hit the jackpot on both weather and camping, staying south of the big chill up north while somehow managing to stay just one step ahead of fires and heat down south.
Earlier this week it happened again. Just as we were wrapping up our stay [...]
Boondocking is a word that frugal RVers love. The basic definition of boondocking (the way I use the word anyway) is camping for free or close to free “in the boonies” on public land such as BLM and dispersed forest sites. It’s the best of the best -> open nature-acess, no neighbours (most of the time) and zip $$ out-of-pocket. I mean, how [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/45°Chance of Rain66°/41°Chance of Rain54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness