A pretty lakeside setting perfect for a few nights on Walker Lake just north of Hawthorne in West Nevada.
Site Quality = 3/5
There are 3 main camping [...]
Having recovered from our escapade down the 375, we decided to head northwest and sample some of Nevada’s other side. The roads heading this way, especially the initial stretch of Hwy 6 are spectacularly isolated. They’re lonely 2-lane highways in excellent condition with less than a handful of cars travelling through each day. These are just the kind [...]
The Humans of WheelingIt have returned to the Earthly Domain and can now report the series of astonishing events that led to contact on the Extraterrestrial Highway on April 15th, 2014 (Earth-Date). Read at your own risk….
It all started out innocently enough. A quick drive down the Extraterrestrial Highway to geek out on all the Alien [...]
Since my last post we’ve been enjoying our free little lake paradise and the first real solo time we’ve had in a while. I absolutely love how social RVing is. In fact, it’s one of the things that surprised us most about this lifestyle. But we also love our solo-time and having spent a [...]
We’ve entered into the no-mans land of south-central Nevada, or rather what most would call no-mans land. It’s several hundred miles of endless dry desert and bare mountains intermingled with small, nondescript towns and long, interminable lines of asphalt stretching to near-infinity. This is the home to some of loneliest highways in the world, a [...]
We were all set to go. We’d packed-up the car, put away our chairs, secured our stuff…you know the drill. We’d even made the rounds and said goodbye to all our nearby boondocking friends -> the guys from Oregon up the hill, Papa over on the mesa, John down the hill and even blogging [...]
This was the place I’d been drooling over, the place I’d envied in so many other people’s blog posts, the place I’d bookmarked on my “list” and looked forward to visiting for years. Ever since we landed in the Lake Mead area I’d been eyeing it like a hungry bear and scanning for a good [...]
Although we’ve been heavily side-tracked by taxes, friends & storms these past 10 days, we’ve also managed a few outings. The massive man-made lake that is Lake Mead covers no less than 2,337 sq miles (6,053 km²) and hides a bunch of interesting things to see both on foot and boat. Given that I get [...]
On Tuesday we raised the jacks and motored a whopping 45 scenic miles north on Lake Mead to our second boondocking spot in the area. Despite being only around an hour away from Las Vegas, this site has a totally different feel. Northern Lake Mead has the same golden rock shoreline and blue waters as [...]
It was a stunning sight. After an hour’s drive across a landscape so arid it almost seemed alien, the shimmering blue waters of Lake Mead erupted like an oasis in the desert….exactly like an oasis in the desert. It was a contrast so unexpected it made me gasp. Here in the midst of land so dry [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/43°Chance of Rain54°/37°Chance of Rain54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- The Journey
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness