It’s a good thing I posted we were leaving yesterday since (obviously) everything you read on the internet is always true.
Last night the wind kicked up, the temps dropped and voilà…miracles of miracles the little biting bastards were gone. It was like a whole new day dawned on a whole new place. Never in [...]
It’s a place unlike any other. An island in the middle of an Ancient Salt Sea, a spot almost unfettered by human touch where the most primitive of earthly rocks (up to 1.7 billion years old) lie side-by-side with the most new (tufa deposits from the last 10,000 years). It’s an oasis of green and [...]
It’s finally time for us to leave all the past weeks’ frivolity behind and get back to regular blogging. Or, at least become just a tad less frivolous (I try, really I do). This past week we’ve been hanging & hiking in Moab, UT and I’ve got lots to tell.
First up, I should admit that I was [...]
This blog post was inspired by some of the reader questions about Peppermint Oil from Sunday’s hilarious mouse episode. Thanks everyone who commented and shared their own mouse (or snake!!) horror stories. What a total blast!! We have 97 comments and counting!! For those deo-curious, here’s the next installment…..
I have a confession to make. [...]
I’ve kept you in suspense long enough and it’s time to open the can, so to speak, and let it all out. Our story starts just over a week ago at our boondocking site at Goosenecks State Park. To set the scene just imagine a typical relaxing morning at wheelingit headquarters…a calm breeze, blue, sunny skies, [...]
We’ve made it back to “civilization” and once again have an internet signal….yeah! The past few days we’ve been boondocking deep in the Utah boonies and it may well have been the most weather crazy streak we’ve done to date. Wind, sandstorm, thunder, rain, snow(!), fog AND sun all in the space of a few [...]
The past 3 nights we’ve been camping on the edge of a meandering chasm, 1000 feet above the San Juan River with 300 million year old rocks below us. The view outside our window stretches to infinity and the river snakes its way in bulging and dramatic curves deep into the valley below us. Best of all this entire [...]
We’ve made it to the heart of mother earth, the spot that the Diné, the people, the Navajo consider the most sacred place in the universe. The spot is Monument Valley, a 91,696 acres natural beauty known for it’s iconic sandstone buttes that jut up to 1,000 feet into the sky from the flat desert floor. It’s [...]
I spent my last evening at Flaming Gorge watching a kaleidoscope of color move across the canyon for sunset. It was just me, pooch and the vast, beautiful emptiness of space. As the earth stretched to the horizon and the shadows followed it I got that wonderful feeling of being at one with the world. [...]
We take a quick break from our scheduled programming to provide you with a practical story. For those who’ve been following the stock market craziness this week (as we have, of course) this will serve both as an intermission and diversion as well as an investing and life moral (as all good stories should). So let us start.
Tho’ we [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/43°Chance of Rain54°/37°Chance of Rain54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- The Journey
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness