On Tuesday we raised the jacks and motored a whopping 45 scenic miles north on Lake Mead to our second boondocking spot in the area. Despite being only around an hour away from Las Vegas, this site has a totally different feel. Northern Lake Mead has the same golden rock shoreline and blue waters as [...]
A very scenic but also very popular boondocking spot just east of Las Vegas on the shores of Lake Mead, NV
Location: Government Wash Road, Lake Mead, NV
Coordinates: Entry to boondocking area around 36.1385681,-114.8399551. Link to map location HERE
Cost: Lake Mead NRA Fees apply ($10 for 7 days, $30 for a year or America [...]
It was a stunning sight. After an hour’s drive across a landscape so arid it almost seemed alien, the shimmering blue waters of Lake Mead erupted like an oasis in the desert….exactly like an oasis in the desert. It was a contrast so unexpected it made me gasp. Here in the midst of land so dry [...]
A pretty, but somewhat mixed boondocking site with convenient access to Congress & Wickenberg in Central AZ.
Location: Ghost Town Road, Congress, AZ
Coordinates: Entry to boondocking area around 34.188077, -112.858096. Link to map location HERE
Cost: FREE (14-day stay limit)
How We Found It: I’d heard about this spot from other bloggers (Bayfield Bunch, [...]
My, my it’s been an activity-filled couple of days. For those of you who read Bayfield Bunch & TinTeePee you already know where we are. In fact since both these folks do daily blogs (yes, I am in total awe) you’ve probably already read about us twice. Makes me [...]
Spring is in the air, the bees are buzzing & the flowers are blooming. The infusion of life invigorates us and has us moving north. Like salmon pulled home, we feel we draw of the Pacific Northwest and the lure of a summer rich in green forest & cool coastal waters….oh yes, I can taste [...]
We come at last to the last of my semi-serious blog posts for our by-time here in Benson and it illustrates, yet again, my most varied and titillating interests (yes, my wit is endless). This is a topic that actually became rather important for us when we had our botched transmission service in October of [...]
My last post definitely generated a lot of comments & interest. I knew it would, but it also kinda hurt (mentally) to write & read. One can only take so much seriousness in a week. So today’s post is going to be utterly frivolous, light and fluffy….and that kind of reflects my week here in [...]
This is one of those posts I’ve been meaning to write for a long time. I’ve been both looking forward to it and dreading it. One the one hand it’s a really important post, on the other hand it’s a really complicated subject mostly because there is no easy answer to health insurance for fulltime [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain55°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- The Journey
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness