It was going to be the longest 30 miles we had ever done. We knew this up-front. I mean it’s not everyday you take a 40-foot monster on a boat, cross an island, climb a steep mountain and park at the top. In fact this was going to be the very first time an RV [...]
A pretty, but crazy busy and tight state park at the northern end of Whidbey Island, WA. NOT recommended for big rigs.
Site Quality = 1.5/5
Site quality is the biggest [...]
As with every first-time experience we were all a bit nervous. Would we fit? Would “the beast” get sea-sick? Do they really know what they’re doing when they pack everyone like sardines on those things? I mean after all, we were putting our precious home on a boat and in the hands of complete strangers [...]
A very basic, but fabulously-located campground to explore the cute, hip Victorian town of Port Townsend in NW WA.
Site Quality = 2.5/5
Generally fairly poor site quality here, but there is a [...]
It had all been working its way up to this. The entire trip up the OP, that is. I can’t tell you how many people told us to stop at Port Townsend, told us we’d love it, told us it was just the best ever, swoon-worthy and hip etc. so much so in fact that [...]
A wonderfully-located and inexpensive county park on the Dungeness bluff in Sequim, WA.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
Generally good site quality here with a few dings. There are 2 main campground loops with 66 [...]
‘As Rosemary is to the Spirit, so Lavender is to the Soul.‘
As soon as we drove into Sequim I knew something was different. It wasn’t the pastoral landscape or the rolling hills. It wasn’t even the stunning bluff or the spectacular sand spit. It was something about the grass. Something weird, something [...]
She’d been calling to me for weeks, months even. A persistent draw at the back of my mind, serenading my thoughts to “come, come”. We’d chosen this RV park specifically to see her and despite this, I was hesitant.
There was a snag, you see…
New Dungeness Lighthouse is one of those rare lighthouses [...]
A very basic, but well-priced & located RV park by the beach in the far NW corner of WA at Neah Bay.
Site quality = 2/5
It would be easy to imagine yourself at the end of the world. The fog is so heavy it rains a stream of constant moisture on your face, the waves so wild they crash dangerously on the rocks below and the shoreline so untamed it makes you gasp just to stand on the edge. We’ve made [...]
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear79°/48°Partly Cloudy81°/46°Clear84°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey