A lovely forested campground steps from the wild & gorgeous OP Coast in Kalaloch, WA. Best suited for smaller-sized rigs.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
Somewhat mixed site quality here. There are 6 campsite loops (labelled [...]
Our morning starts in dense fog so heavy with moisture it casts a stream of droplets on the side of the RV. We can hear the roar of the ocean in the background, but our view is dark & eerily muted nestled as we are deep in the trees. Moss hangs all around us like the long beards [...]
A convenient, but tight RV park right in bustling Westport on the south-central WA coast.
Site quality = 2/5
There are two separate camping [...]
We’re winding down to the last day of the July 4th holiday madness at our current “home” in the bustling harbor of Westport, WA. It’s been both great and somewhat trying at the same time. For the first time in a long time the best of my RV campground planning intentions didn’t pan out. What [...]
I’m a bit of a roadside dining fanatic. Back in the day when we lived in Asia I used to love roaming the back alleys and discovering their hidden gems -> satay from a scooter in Singapore, phở from a little stand with plastic chairs in Vietnam, noodles from the street in Thailand. When I worked [...]
“Seize the time, Meribor. Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” Capt Picard, Star Trek The Next Generation (The Inner Light Episode 1992)
Our time is up and we’re about to depart this lovely spot we’ve called home for the past 4 weeks. I always find these moments of [...]
Paul’s away in Portland picking up his niece (who you may remember from last year) while I while away the day hanging by the beach and rocking out to The Cure (yes, I regress whenever hubby leaves town….as long as the thick black eyeliner doesn’t come out I consider it just a minor aberration). [...]
When I’m close to nature I find there are few “bad” days. I’m not talking about the weather here. In fact I’m mostly weather-agnostic and enjoy just about everything out there -> fog, rain, sunshine, wind. Each has its moments (in moderation of course) and thanks to the dog we get out in all of [...]
One of the cool things about volunteering here at Cape Disappointment State Park is that we are right across the bridge from Astoria, OR. This excellent little town was founded by fur trader & investor John Astor in 1811 and is the oldest Western settlement in the US. Set alongside the mighty Columbia River [...]
“Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter”
I’m the first to admit that I don’t always have a plan for my photography. In fact a lack of plan is more often the norm for me. There are certainly days I stroll out with a [...]
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Saturday SundayPartly Cloudy79°/54°Partly Cloudy75°/54°Partly Cloudy73°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"