So I’ve finally made it back home….back to the boonies…and back to my furry family (yes, hubby qualifies)! It was a fabulous trip to Europe, but I can’t deny that my heart lies here in the grand desert with our 40-foot home on wheels. I think you either hate or love this lifestyle and if [...]
Whenever I’m out in the boonies I’m inspired to photograph. Something about the wide, open desert and the way it glows golden in the early morning & late evening light makes it particularly gorgeous. Who can resist those long shadows? Or that warm hue? Or just the sheer magnitude of space and view? I never [...]
So we’re back in the boonies, the outer reaches of the desert, the nether-regions of the wild. Many would say we’re back where we belong and rightly so. After a month of luxuriating in Sam’s Spa our skin is soft as a newborn kitten’s backside and far too pretty for the boondock-worthy winter image we’ve [...]
So sadly we’ve come to the end of our time at Borrego Springs. This is the third time we’ve been here and everytime we come I always wonder why we don’t stay longer. It’s one of the nicest boondocking spots I know with a really cool little town next door, a cute Friday farmer’s market and [...]
So yesterday Paul happily hauled out our Weber smoker for a day of smokin’ in the boonies. This was exactly the kind of picture & place Paul had in mind when we bought the smoker several months ago in Oregon. What better way to spend the day than hanging out with a gorgeous view while [...]
So we’ve not exactly been living a life of hardship at our new boondocking site. In fact I’ll go ahead and admit that we’ve been downright lazy. Sometimes a place just calls for it…things are so relaxing, so inviting, so very naturally pretty that you really don’t feel the need to go anywhere else. So we’ve just been hanging [...]
Sometimes pictures tell the story best, sometimes the story makes it even better. We had a simply awesome sunset last night, the kind that inspires you to gawk and write blogs about. Best of all, we had a 360 degree view of the whole show from our awesome boondocking spot in the Borrego Hills. It’s on days like this [...]
We wrapped up the wind and our 5 weeks at the spa in Desert Hot Springs yesterday morning. Despite Paul’s family emergency and some tough weeks we really had a most awesome time. I honestly find it hard to describe what I like so much about Sam’s Family Spa -> the place is rather [...]
We left the desert behind with fond memories of distant hills, beautiful moments of solitude in the wild, fabulous sunsets and dark, starry nights. Our time in Borrego Springs seemed almost too short and I’m sure it’s like that for almost anyone that goes there. I think Bayfield Bunch put it perfectly in this post [...]
“You should come over and try our bed” offered the husband, most generously I thought. I glanced over at Paul who was nodding in sensible agreement.
“Oh yes, in fact both of you should” added the wife enthusiastically
“We are most definitely taking you up on that offer” I concluded, to the happy endorsement of all
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain55°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- The Journey
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness