A pretty and easy boondocking spot around 2 miles south of Why, AZ in southern Arizona
Location: Gunsight Wash, approx 2 miles south of Why, AZ on Hwy 85
Coordinates: Entry to gunsight wash approx. 32.238105,-112.751037. Link to map location HERE
Cost: FREE (14-day stay limit) Get pass from camphost on arrival.
How We Found [...]
It’s been a whirlwind of a week. Paul and I both agree we haven’t been this social in months (years?) and it’s a wee bit overwhelming, but honestly this is part of what Quartzsite is all about. If you’re gonna come to “Q” you may as well come during the big show and if you’re [...]
A very large, open BLM area on the East side of Hwy 395 just South of Mammoth Lakes, CA with hidden free hot springs to boot! Best suited to smaller campers (Class C, trailers, vans) however.
Location: Hot Creek Hatchery Road, Benton Crossing Road (sometimes locally called “Green Church Road”) & Whitmore Tubs Road are all [...]
A somewhat crowded but very well-located boondocking spot on the South side of Tucson, AZ
Location: On the corner of W. Ajo Hwy (86) and S. San Joaquin Road
Coordinates: Approx. 32.156758,-111.115551. Link to map location HERE
Cost: FREE (14-day stay limit)
How We Found It: This is a fairly well-known boondocking [...]
A lovely, large boondocking area with sweeping rock & mountain views just outside Lone Pine, CA on Hwy 395 in central-east California.
Note/ Review updated as of last stay Nov 2013
Location: Movie Road, just off Whitney Portal Road in Lone Pine, CA
Coordinates: Approx. 36.599853N,-118.119378W (= start of Movie Road). Link to map location HERE [...]
A simply lovely $5/night primitive campground with gorgeous mountain views ~10 miles north of Bishop, CA on Hwy 395
Site Quality = 3/5 Very simple sites here, but with lovely “sitting areas” and excellent views. The campground [...]
Believe it or not we’ve made it to 2012! With 2011 speeding rapidly behind us (at an ever increasing rate, or so it seems) this is the perfect time to review the best of the best of sites that we stayed at last year (just like we did in 2010). In line with our “free-the-beast” [...]
Sadly we’ve come to the end of our boondocking escapade out by Yuma. We’ve headed off to San Diego, coming back after two cross-country trips and one full circle to the city where we started RVing over 2 years ago (it’s an odd feeling I tell you). We’re going to do some checking on our storage and complete various appointments [...]
A lovely $6/night BLM campground in colorful Rainbow Basin in south-central CA.
Site Quality = 3/5
Typical simple BLM sites here, but with some nice touches. All sites are basically firm dirt clearings [...]
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Friday SaturdayClear75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing