The days of Christmas are over here in the southwest of France and we’re slowly recovering. We’ve had a relaxed family time at the house following our very traditional celebrations. Christmas Eve (24th) is our most important evening where we slow-cook a goose, light the Christmas tree (we actually use real candles) and walk hand-in-hand [...]
FINALLY December has arrived and I can bask and swim in the glorious anticipation of Christmas!! I just can’t do it before December. I know shops these days put out Christmas stuff as ridiculously early as Oct and certainly most people can’t wait past Nov, but I have to see the beginning of the month [...]
As we wind down to our very last day before Christmas, I’ve decided I’m giving you all the present of a mini-reveal of what we’re up to. After all, one can only string suspense out so far, and I wouldn’t want to leave you all stressed out and speculative over the holiday eve. It’s the least I can do, [...]
It’s the time of year where carols fill the air, the smell of fir trees (or cactus, depending on your location) waft through the RV, jolly thoughts of eggnog and food fill the belly and gifts are exchanged. Yes, my favorite holiday is fast approaching and I’m already in the spirit. Now each year since [...]
På loftet sidder nissen med sin julegrød,
sin julegrød, så god og sød,
han nikker, og han spiser, og han er så glad
for julegrød er hans bedste mad.
(Up in the attic sits “nissen” with his rice pudding
His rice pudding, so good and sweet
He nods and he eats and he’s oh so happy
We’ve settled down in our temporary winter spot in San Diego, for the next month or so in any case. It’s my fav’ park in the area and my absolute fav’ season of joy. I’m a bit of a Christmas nut you see, and have already started decorating the rig and jealously admiring some of [...]
Believe it or not Christmas is only a week and a half away. For whatever reason, no matter how much I pretend to plan, the date always seems to sneak up on me and put me into a mild panic of buying gifts. Thankfully we’ve still got a few precious days left of Amazon free-shipping, so I though this would be [...]
Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse…
The Night Before Christmas is a wonderful poem, but Clement Clarke Moore clearly wasn’t visiting a Dane. You see in Danish Christmas we have nisser everywhere and these little guys like to make mischief, especially tonight. [...]
The 24th is slowly creeping closer and I’m sure I’m not the only one that hasn’t finished all my Christmas shopping (yes, I know…woe to me!). So, while I was pondering the list I started thinking about bits and pieces that would work as cool stocking stuffers & last-minute gifts. To narrow things down a bit, [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/41°Partly Cloudy68°/39°Chance of Rain54°/36°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- About Us
- The Journey
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness