A pristine campground with views of the Colorado River and National Monument in Fruita, CO in Western Colorado.
Site Quality = 5/5
These are probably the most pristine sites I’ve seen [...]
“I came here last year and found these canyons, and they feel like the heart of the world to me. I’m going to stay and build trails and promote this park”
John Otto, 1907
It was an ambitiously crazy dream and it pretty much took a crazy man to pull it off. John Otto was the [...]
“When life throws you a curve ball, learn to hit a good slam off it” Anonymous
There are a bunch of classic quotes centered around the life and curveball theme, but they all got one thing in common. Sometimes things just don’t work out as planned and so you gotta learn to play the game [...]
A huge and lovely park by water and mountains in Ridgway CO.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
This is a HUGE park with 3 separate campgrounds and over 250 sites. Overall there’s good access and decent separation with a selection [...]
It’s been a week of friends and goings on here in SW Colorado. The small town of Ridgway sits at ~7,000 feet just west of the craggy peaks of Mt Sneffels Wilderness. Here “America’s Switzerland” drops off rapidly towards Utah’s dry desert with Ridgway as a kind of cross-over between the two -> It’s not [...]
“The election was a very quiet one compared to former years. There were only four shooting scrapes, sixteen fights, and thirty drunks up to three o’clock, at which time our reporter was unable to follow his regular vocation”
The Gladstone Kibosh, April 13th, 1901
The Gladstone Kibosh was a fictional newspaper that ran [...]
A wonderful forest service campground high in the SW Colorado mountains on Hwy 145 near Rico, CO.
Site Quality = 4.5/5
For forest service it rarely gets any better than this. The sites at Cayton were [...]
I must excuse our lack of be
‘Coz hiking off we’ve gone, you see
Flowers bloom and mountains call
To which our inhibitions fall
We tread the path where others fly
To reach beyond the skies a-high
Though we return in body true
Our hearts stay [...]
I’m back at the Dew South Café reconnecting with the world. First of all I’ve got to say I LOVED all the feedback on my last blog post. Many of the responses had me spurting out my coffee in giggles, much to the amusement of my fellow café-goers.
Life is about love, laughter and [...]
I’m blogging from the comfort of a cozy mountain café. Thanks to the wonder of free WiFi we are as yet connected, despite having gone where no signal has gone before. Yes, we’ve taken “the beast” into deep forest and are making attempts at contact with the local life-forms at ~9,000 feet and beyond.
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/43°Chance of Rain54°/37°Chance of Rain54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- The Journey
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness