So I’m finally blogging on the new platform after the last weeks’ bruhaha with the transfer. Whoo hooo! Lots of you were kind enough to check in and let me know things were working for you (and a few things that weren’t) so I sure appreciate that! I’ve also added a “mobile” version of the [...]
Hiking alone with pooch is one of my very favorite things. We hike at the same pace, she’s infinitely patient whenever I pull out the camera and we never need to talk…the perfect partnership. When we launch into the wilds it’s just us, the wide, open trail and the mesmerizing deepness of nature. Polly will [...]
Having churned your brains to mush with some heavy posts on health and medical, I figured I would allow you a reprieve with some light and easy stuff today. After all Paul is away, the mouse is all alone and you know what I’m like in these circumstances. Much to everyone’s disappointment (I’m sure) I’ve [...]
We’re settled into a monthly spot at one of our favorite lay-your-head-back-and-soak-yourself-to-a-jellyblob-of-happiness RV campgrounds. It’s one of the very few private campgrounds we frequent on a regular basis, so much so that we’ve been here every year since we discovered it. It’s quirky, the decor is gaudy and it’s kind of in the middle of [...]
A quick update on my park review for Sam’s Family Spa. This is our 3rd time here so we definitely like it. The ownership is super-friendly and they keep making small upgrades to the park every year, plus the mineral pools are ever-fabulous so it remains one of our fav spots in the area. It’s [...]
Sadly I said goodbye to sis this morning. It’s always tough to see her go, especially when we live so far apart and get on so well together. It’s a natural part of the choice I’ve made with my nomadic lifestyle ->; I totally relish my life experience (and wouldn’t exchange it for anything), but [...]
Since my lovely sister arrived last week I admit I’ve been having too good a time to blog. Not only is it ultra-cool to have her here, but there is SO much to do and see in the desert that we’ve had mega-full days of activity followed by Happy Hour with our RV buddies, dinner, [...]
Finally, after almost 3 weeks on my lonesome hubby is home! He had a long and somewhat difficult family trip in Florida, but things are moving forward so he was able to come on back. Phew! Polly was exuberant and gave Paul a bunch of sloppy kisses while I did a crazy run around the RV…or [...]
Apart from the fabulous sunsets one of the things I really love about the desert in the winter is hiking and when the conditions are right it’s one of the best solo adventures you can have. I do some of my best thinking while I hike (as does pooch, no doubt) so it always puts us [...]
So I figured it was time to update you on what this little solo-social butterfly (that would be moi) has been doing at the spa all on her lonesome in Desert Hot Springs. Getting into trouble is my middle name so when Paul is gone I naturally attract all kinds of devious commotion. It’s the [...]
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy66°/52°Chance of Rain70°/55°Clear72°/55°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
- We Sail, We Climb, We Conquer – Orcas Island, WA
- SP Campground Review – Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts - Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method