Believe it or not this is our last week at Bullards Beach State Park. Two months have gone…pfffft…just like that. It seems like only yesterday we showed up and arrived “home” and now we’re ready to pick up the jacks and leave. It’s a bittersweet moment. We’ve loved our time here, enjoyed Bandon, adored [...]
So we’ve gone through a bit of transformation which thankfully, as RVers and nomads, we are very good at doing. Departing our expansive natural digs in Borrego Springs for an asphalt parking lot in San Diego has been….well…an exercise in mental and physical adaptation. We arrived on Wednesday dusty (and no doubt smelly) from the [...]
I do love lighthouses, which is a good thing considering we’re about to become bona fide tour hosts in a few weeks. There’s something about the bare isolation of the locations and the all-encompassing life of those who tended them that give lighthouses a wild and rather romantic aura, at least from a story-telling point of view. When we [...]
Sometimes a place is a whole other state of mind, and going to Ocean Beach is exactly that. Hang out for a day in OB and you embark on a journey into an alternative psychedelic universe to a place that remains locked in time and spirit. Yeah it’s kinda like a hippy version of Star Trek. This is THE original free spirit [...]
We’ve been hanging for about 2 months at our sweet spot right by the water in Mission Bay. Between frolicking in the water and playing in the sand time has flown by super-fast and I figure it’s way overdue for me tell you a little more about the area. This fabulous bay lies right smack in the middle [...]
San Diego is essentially a collection of “beach towns” and it’s one of the things we love about the place. Take a 30-mile drive along the coast and you’ll find a medley of little downtowns each with its’ own unique vibe and its’ own community. So you can go hang in free-lovin’ Ocean Beach, party with the [...]
Having bombarded you with a couple of pretty geek-intensive posts I figured I would get back to something cute and fluffy. In my mind, nothing is cuter than our furry family (that would be the pets, not Paul), and nothing is more fluffy than a wind-dried beach dog, and these past few weeks we’ve been [...]
So, we’ve left the land of sunshine and snowbirds and landed ourselves in Alabama, and thanks to a bit of paw-friendly planning we’ve discovered another fabulous beach here on Dauphin Island. We deliberately skirted the popular Gulf Shores area precisely because we wanted a paw-friendly experience, and I have to admit this place delivers. It doesn’t have quite the pristine [...]
I’d been duly warned by those in the know that the Panhandle Coast is one of the least dog-friendly spots in the country. For a couple like us, where camping is ALL about the paws, this was a rather depressing piece of info, and unfortunately my preliminary investigations showed it to be true. There are 5 [...]
Getting back to reviews on some of our most recent campgrounds. We stayed here for 10 days. A lovely beach nearby, but very, very tight and a tad pricey.
Link to campground here: Fort de Soto, FL
Link to map here: Fort de Soto, FL
Site Quality = 2.5/5
I must [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/45°Chance of Rain66°/41°Chance of Rain54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness