We are admitted RV foodies. We LOVE food, DREAM about food and spend hours concocting interesting recipes so we can EAT the stuff. Many of our best memories center around the “day we ate xxx” which leads to rather mouth-watering strolls down memory lane, which in turn leads to planning the next meal which ultimately ends up [...]
“Have blueberries whenever you are low – destiny will change and you will be high”
One of the many (millions?) of reasons I love Oregon in the summer is an abundance of fresh, organic produce. Paul and I strive to eat a whole-foods diet that is heavy on fresh veggies, fruit, fish [...]
We’ve made it to our most southerly point for the rest of this year. That point is a quirky little community nestled in a in a riparian corridor (riparian being a rather fancy term for ”by the water”) between the Santa Rita Mountains and Patagonia Mountains in SE Arizona. It’s an artsy, eco-friendly kind of place [...]
“…in America Madeira was esteemed above all other wine..”
John Adams, from correspondence Aug 1st 1783
Little did I know that when I tasted my first glass of Madeira last week I was stepping ~250 years back right into the shoes of the Founding Fathers. In fact not only was this wonderful wine a major import of the American Colonies [...]
So we were on our 3rd day in Austin and our quest for gastronomic indulgence had progressed. Having revelled in homestyle Texas BBQ (with several refills at home) we had now attained a mood for gourmet. Our guts were groaning for high society, delicate flavors and a je ne sais quois. Indeed, we were feeling decidedly…epicurean. Perhaps a roasted Quail with sweet-potato salad and soft-boiled duck egg, or perchance some Prime [...]
Food is the ambrosia of the soul.
They it’s what makes you, and certainly it feeds not only the stomach, but also the heart and mind. In Paul I found an epicurean soul-mate, so much so that we’ll often sit around and reminisce about the past in terms of meals. “oh, honey, it was the time we [...]
It’s not everyday that you experience feelings of true love, but every now and then something comes into your life which sets off that giddy rush of emotion and puts you back into the babbling youth of your teenage years.
Which aptly introduces our Walmart story.
As you may know Paul and I have been happily [...]
Where Are We Today?Sam's Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Desert Hot Springs, CA Today Tuesday WednesdayClear59°/32°Clear63°/32°Clear70°/36°
Love the Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Last Few Days At Sam’s Spa – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wheeling It Blog Has MOVED!!!!
- 2013 “Big 5″ RV Christmas Wish-List
- Thankful & Historic
- A Few More Dog-Friendly Hikes – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wonderfully Crazy Desert…
- Self-Medical Care Part III – Negotiating Doctors, Hospitals & Clinics With Cash Pay
- Self-Medical Care Part II – Self-Testing Links
- Self-Medical Care Part I – Why Do It?
- Spa, Spa, Spa….And RV Buddies! Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Our Top 5 Essential Boondocking Items
- Halloween Hairiness & More Putzing…Lone Pine, CA
- Putzing, Putzing, Putzing…And RV Sue!
- Boondocking Site Review – Volcanic Tablelands BLM, Bishop, CA
- $2 Gourmet Meals, Railroads & Some Apples – Bishop, CA