It was a mere 22 or so hours after I took off from the boonies of California that I landed here in the SW of France. Two long drives, 12 cramped hours across the ocean squished next to a kid that kept falling asleep on me, four movies, three prison-worthy meals and one long stop….argh! There was a [...]
We are admitted RV foodies. We LOVE food, DREAM about food and spend hours concocting interesting recipes so we can EAT the stuff. Many of our best memories center around the “day we ate xxx” which leads to rather mouth-watering strolls down memory lane, which in turn leads to planning the next meal which ultimately ends up [...]
“Have blueberries whenever you are low – destiny will change and you will be high”
One of the many (millions?) of reasons I love Oregon in the summer is an abundance of fresh, organic produce. Paul and I strive to eat a whole-foods diet that is heavy on fresh veggies, fruit, fish [...]
We’ve made it to our most southerly point for the rest of this year. That point is a quirky little community nestled in a in a riparian corridor (riparian being a rather fancy term for “by the water”) between the Santa Rita Mountains and Patagonia Mountains in SE Arizona. It’s an artsy, eco-friendly kind of place [...]
“…in America Madeira was esteemed above all other wine..”
John Adams, from correspondence Aug 1st 1783
Little did I know that when I tasted my first glass of Madeira last week I was stepping ~250 years back right into the shoes of the Founding Fathers. In fact not only was this wonderful wine a major import of the American Colonies [...]
So we were on our 3rd day in Austin and our quest for gastronomic indulgence had progressed. Having revelled in homestyle Texas BBQ (with several refills at home) we had now attained a mood for gourmet. Our guts were groaning for high society, delicate flavors and a je ne sais quois. Indeed, we were feeling decidedly…epicurean. Perhaps a roasted Quail with sweet-potato salad and soft-boiled duck egg, or perchance some Prime [...]
Food is the ambrosia of the soul.
They it’s what makes you, and certainly it feeds not only the stomach, but also the heart and mind. In Paul I found an epicurean soul-mate, so much so that we’ll often sit around and reminisce about the past in terms of meals. “oh, honey, it was the time we [...]
It’s not everyday that you experience feelings of true love, but every now and then something comes into your life which sets off that giddy rush of emotion and puts you back into the babbling youth of your teenage years.
Which aptly introduces our Walmart story.
As you may know Paul and I have been happily [...]
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Saturday SundayPartly Cloudy72°/54°Clear70°/54°Fog70°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
- We Sail, We Climb, We Conquer – Orcas Island, WA
- SP Campground Review – Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts - Patos Island, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- The Journey