So I think I’m finally ready to delve into my multi-part series on self-medical care. Are you ready? This is a complicated & controversial topic and one I’ve been thinking of writing about for a while. Most of what I’ll be covering has to do with self-testing & preventative care. There is no way I [...]
Given our new-found entry into RV volunteering I figured I would share a few posts about the whole process. Now volunteering is actually something I’ve always done in some form or another even before we went on the road. When I was a child I volunteered at my local school zoo (yes, we had one) and [...]
It’s been another busy week. Besides the RV repair (which is still ongoing) we’ve met-up with some awesome folks, done some fabulous hikes, even rescued a dog (found lost and wandering the streets AND safely returned to owners -> one gold star of good karma for me I reckon). But for today’s post I wanted to [...]
So, we’ve been avidly planning our route to OR these past two days. As is typical in summer most of the public campgrounds are booked solid, but we’ve managed to find a few sweet spots that we’re really looking forward to. For the couple of nights where we can’t book we’ll rely on free overnight parking along the way. Most [...]
The middle of April is fast approaching. For most people around the world it’s a month of anticipation and hopeful touches of Spring, but for those of you doing US taxes it’s a big deadline that hangs like a lead weight over your head and reminds you the government wants its moolah.
Now, I’m one of those very strange people who do [...]
We woke up to a rather grey day this morning with lightning clouds looming on the horizon, Initially we had planned to drive South today, but given the mood of the weather and our general laziness we decided to stay tight. There are days like this, you know, when you just hang out and those end up [...]
One of the most common questions asked by people looking to full-time RV is “how much does it take?”. Since we’ve been on the road for over a year now, we have a good 10 months experience on this since we did our last post on budget in April 2010. Back then our view was “whatever you have” and honestly [...]
I’d love to be able to tell you that I’m a self-learned expert. You know, the type that learns by books and elbow grease, becoming a leading voice on the subject of RVing through hard-earned grit and experience. The truth is that I (we) needed a lot of help, especially when we first started out, and a [...]
I’m not sure what it is, but the beginning of the year tends to bring about the sudden urge to make resolutions. I’ve always been so-so about this practice. I have “master” goals (and always have in my life) and every now and then I join the New Year crowd, but inevitably a lot of those pesky [...]
We’ve talked a lot about RVing, travel tales and such on this blog but not so much about how we actually make a living on the road. As a couple we’ve spent a lot of years saving up and preparing for our RVing dream, and we actively manage that money. Paul is the mastermind of all this thanks to a lot of years of [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain54°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Windy Days & An Old Fort – Silver Springs, NV
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Windy Days & An Old Fort - Silver Springs, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV