We were all set to go. We’d packed-up the car, put away our chairs, secured our stuff…you know the drill. We’d even made the rounds and said goodbye to all our nearby boondocking friends -> the guys from Oregon up the hill, Papa over on the mesa, John down the hill and even blogging [...]
My, my it’s been an activity-filled couple of days. For those of you who read Bayfield Bunch & TinTeePee you already know where we are. In fact since both these folks do daily blogs (yes, I am in total awe) you’ve probably already read about us twice. Makes me [...]
We’ve made it to our most southerly point for the rest of this year. That point is a quirky little community nestled in a in a riparian corridor (riparian being a rather fancy term for “by the water”) between the Santa Rita Mountains and Patagonia Mountains in SE Arizona. It’s an artsy, eco-friendly kind of place [...]
“One in every five miners who came to California in 1849 was dead within six months.”
Quote from a writer of the Sacramento Bee
We’re in the heart of some of the oldest gold mine history in California and y’all know how I love those wild west stories. This is my kinda hard, crazy [...]
“Goodbye God, I am going to Bodie”
Diary entry from a little girl on her way to the infamous town
It was one of the biggest, baddest, most violet, lawless wild west towns of its day. Of course it started with the discovery of gold, as all the best western stories do. In 1859 [...]
It’s not an exaggeration to say that much of the West was built on gold. The Moreno Valley is no exception. Located in remote and savage country at high altitude, the area was virtually unvisited until the discovery of the irresistible yellow stuff. It all changed when a Ute Indian traded some “pretty rocks” with the soldiers at Fort Union in 1866. [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain55°/32°Partly Cloudy64°/43°Chance of Rain68°/41°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing