A wonderful forest service campground high in the SW Colorado mountains on Hwy 145 near Rico, CO.
Site Quality = 4.5/5
For forest service it rarely gets any better than this. The sites at Cayton were [...]
I must excuse our lack of be
‘Coz hiking off we’ve gone, you see
Flowers bloom and mountains call
To which our inhibitions fall
We tread the path where others fly
To reach beyond the skies a-high
Though we return in body true
Our hearts stay [...]
I’m blogging from the comfort of a cozy mountain café. Thanks to the wonder of free WiFi we are as yet connected, despite having gone where no signal has gone before. Yes, we’ve taken “the beast” into deep forest and are making attempts at contact with the local life-forms at ~9,000 feet and beyond.
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain54°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Windy Days & An Old Fort – Silver Springs, NV
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Windy Days & An Old Fort - Silver Springs, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV