Since we’re stationary here in Bandon for the next 2 months I thought it would be nice to share some of the things we did to prepare “the beast” for downtime. RV’s like ours, especially Class A motorhomes are really meant to be driven. The engines, tires and just about everything else don’t really “like” [...]
As everyone knows regular maintenance is a key part of beast happiness. Now, I’ll readily admit that Paul and I are not exactly mechanical geniuses. I’m pretty handy with the tools, and Paul can be electrically suave with a multimeter, but we’re not the types that will have the confidence to take on all the complicated RV stuff ourselves.
“You put your right foot out,
You put your right foot in
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Pokey
And you turn yourself around,
That’s what it’s all about!”
“The Hokey Pokey” circa 1940
In many ways, the Hokey Pokey is a fine reflection of [...]
They say a solid foundation is the key to any good relationship. When you’re free-wheelingit across the country, everything rides on your tires so when it comes to keeping “the beast” happy, that means taking care of her wheels. Now, there’s all kinds of information out there on tires, when to replace them, how blow-outs happen and [...]
There’s all kinds of oils, seals, lubes and such in an RV, which can keep many a good man or woman (depending on your inclination) happily occupied for years. A portion of this menu, even the most hardened indoors-(wo)man can easily check themselves, but there’s a few where the professional touch comes in handy, at least for us lesser [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain55°/32°Partly Cloudy64°/43°Chance of Rain68°/41°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing