A very spacious, but popular free semi-dispersed National Forest campground ~9 miles north of Mammoth Lakes, CA on the Eastern side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains (central-east CA).
Location: Glass Creek Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA
Coordinates: Entry to boondocking area around 37.751878, -118.984656. Link to map location HERE
Cost: FREE (donations accepted). 14-day stay […]
A lovely lakeside forest service campground only ~10 miles from the entrance to Crater Lake, OR
Site Quality = 2.5/5
You have the whole gamut of site types in this place. Although officially a 35-foot max […]
Believe it or not we’ve made it to 2012! With 2011 speeding rapidly behind us (at an ever increasing rate, or so it seems) this is the perfect time to review the best of the best of sites that we stayed at last year (just like we did in 2010). In line with our “free-the-beast” […]
We’re in the very midst of planning our 2011 trip. Having wintered happily here in Markham, FL we’re starting to get the itch to move again and have decided (for better or worse) to start moving around Jan 24th. Since it’s still the cold period we’ll be hugging the South, travelling the West coast of FL, then along the […]
In our house you could say camping has gone to the dogs…or the cats. Either way, camping is ALL about the pets for us. After all, what’s the point of being somewhere if you can’t share it with your furry friends, both the human and the animal version? So, when we’re on the road we do our […]
Site Quality = 2/5
This is a primitve campground and the sites reflect that. Nothing fancy here, just dirt/forest-surface back-ins […]
Another wonderful National Forest campground only ~6 miles from Asheville, NC in the Smoky Mountains
Link to campground here: Lake Powhatan, Pisgah National Forest
Link to map here: Lake Powhatan, Bent Creek Recreation Area
Site Quality = 4.5/5
Very nice forest sites here. They are all hard gravel back-ins with picnic table […]
Here’s a quick review of the 1st campground (National Forest) we stayed at ~6 miles west of Custer
Info on Campground Here: Comanche Park, SD
Site Quality = 4/5
The sites here are, overall, quite nice. Most of the sites are long, dirt and very level (especially for a forest location). This is a […]
As promised it’s double-duty today, so before your anticipation bursts here’s the 2nd review.
Site Quality = 5/5
Awesome sites here all the way round the loop. There’s group sites at the front of the campground with […]
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- 3,000,000 Thanks….And More To Come!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
Top Posts & Pages
- 3,000,000 Thanks....And More To Come!
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- About Us
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
Where We’ve Been