A lovely lakeside forest service campground only ~10 miles from the entrance to Crater Lake, OR
Site Quality = 2.5/5
You have the whole gamut of site types in this place. Although officially a 35-foot max [...]
Believe it or not we’ve made it to 2012! With 2011 speeding rapidly behind us (at an ever increasing rate, or so it seems) this is the perfect time to review the best of the best of sites that we stayed at last year (just like we did in 2010). In line with our “free-the-beast” [...]
We’re in the very midst of planning our 2011 trip. Having wintered happily here in Markham, FL we’re starting to get the itch to move again and have decided (for better or worse) to start moving around Jan 24th. Since it’s still the cold period we’ll be hugging the South, travelling the West coast of FL, then along the [...]
In our house you could say camping has gone to the dogs…or the cats. Either way, camping is ALL about the pets for us. After all, what’s the point of being somewhere if you can’t share it with your furry friends, both the human and the animal version? So, when we’re on the road we do our [...]
Site Quality = 2/5
This is a primitve campground and the sites reflect that. Nothing fancy here, just dirt/forest-surface back-ins [...]
Another wonderful National Forest campground only ~6 miles from Asheville, NC in the Smoky Mountains
Link to campground here: Lake Powhatan, Pisgah National Forest
Link to map here: Lake Powhatan, Bent Creek Recreation Area
Site Quality = 4.5/5
Very nice forest sites here. They are all hard gravel back-ins with picnic table [...]
Here’s a quick review of the 1st campground (National Forest) we stayed at ~6 miles west of Custer
Info on Campground Here: Comanche Park, SD
Site Quality = 4/5
The sites here are, overall, quite nice. Most of the sites are long, dirt and very level (especially for a forest location). This is a [...]
As promised it’s double-duty today, so before your anticipation bursts here’s the 2nd review.
Site Quality = 5/5
Awesome sites here all the way round the loop. There’s group sites at the front of the campground with [...]
Given our new love affair with National Forests we’ve decided to include some ratings of these fabulous campsites in our blog. Keeping in mind that many of these places are more “rustic” than regular RV parks they won’t have frilly amenities like pools or WiFi so we’ve shortened the rating system down to 4 [...]
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear79°/48°Partly Cloudy81°/46°Clear84°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey