I know I said my last post was my last one in Bandon, but it’s just been so darn nice I couldn’t help taking a few more pics. So, this is the last one…really it is. Between then and now I’ve managed another sunset shoot with Gunta (no where near as exciting as “The [...]
Believe it or not this is our last week at Bullards Beach State Park. Two months have gone…pfffft…just like that. It seems like only yesterday we showed up and arrived “home” and now we’re ready to pick up the jacks and leave. It’s a bittersweet moment. We’ve loved our time here, enjoyed Bandon, adored [...]
It’s not often that I get to photograph the perfect sunset. You see nature has a way of conspiring so these things rarely happen, which is exactly why they’re so very precious. A rather unique confluence of events has to unfold at exactly the right time & exactly the right conditions -> you want some [...]
I’m not quite done with my musings on food, but today I thought I’d take you in another direction and go for a walk on the beach. It just so happens it’s the perfect day for it, and exactly the kind of day you should ditch everything else and go dig those toes in the [...]
If you’ve been following the blog for a while you know we’re nutters for our paws. Pretty much all our decisions, from choosing a Class A when we first started RVing to where we stay and where we workamp are all made in deference to our furry friends. We consider this a privilege rather than [...]
There’s nothing quite as sad as seeing trash on the beach, especially when the coast is as wild and gorgeous as it is here in Oregon. Somehow it just feels so wrong, so very polluted, a veritable affront to nature if you will. Most folks will simply sigh and walk past, others might pick it up, but one fine [...]
Our summer in Oregon is really all about being beach-bums, paws and all. I can never get enough of the beach. From grey, moody days of angry waves and rolling fog to brilliant sun-drenched wonders which take your breath away. No matter what I might have been thinking before I go, or how anxious I [...]
As hard as it is to believe we’ve been “working” for 10 days already. Kinda amazing how time flies by when you’re having fun. And yeah…I did say “fun”. If you’ve been following this blog for a while you already know that we volunteer as lighthouse hosts for the love of the job and *not* for [...]
“Honey I’m home”, was the first thought in my mind as we pulled into our usual spot at Bullards Beach State Park for our summer jobs. This was all so familiar, all so relaxing, all so “right”. As soon as our jacks hit the ground I knew we’d made the right decision to come [...]
They call it the best kept secret on the Oregon coast, at least that’s the friendly motto that greets you when you enter the blue-soaked Marina. We were about to put that claim to the test on a fully booked-out family summer week-end with absolutely no reservations. Yes rather crazy of us, especially given our “beastly” size (we don’t [...]
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Sunday MondayPartly Cloudy72°/54°Fog70°/55°Clear73°/55°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
- We Sail, We Climb, We Conquer – Orcas Island, WA
- SP Campground Review – Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Orcas Island Explorations - 5 "Western Arm" Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts - Patos Island, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience