Hiking alone with pooch is one of my very favorite things. We hike at the same pace, she’s infinitely patient whenever I pull out the camera and we never need to talk…the perfect partnership. When we launch into the wilds it’s just us, the wide, open trail and the mesmerizing deepness of nature. Polly will [...]
If you’ve been following the blog for a while you know we’re nutters for our paws. Pretty much all our decisions, from choosing a Class A when we first started RVing to where we stay and where we workamp are all made in deference to our furry friends. We consider this a privilege rather than [...]
We’ve managed to drag ourselves ~40 miles further south on the Oregon coast from our last stop. It was an exhausting effort, as you can imagine, especially when faced with yet another fabulous state park and yet another pristine 6-mile stretch of paw-friendly beach. Sometimes I wonder how we cope?
But today’s post is not [...]
So yours truly is (one again) getting up to no good on her own while hubby is away. That means it’s just me and the paws…the paws and I, and we’re doing it all in “big city” Boise. I place this in inverted commas because Boise is one of the few capitals we’ve travelled through [...]
So we’ve gone through a bit of transformation which thankfully, as RVers and nomads, we are very good at doing. Departing our expansive natural digs in Borrego Springs for an asphalt parking lot in San Diego has been….well…an exercise in mental and physical adaptation. We arrived on Wednesday dusty (and no doubt smelly) from the [...]
We’ve been hanging for about 2 months at our sweet spot right by the water in Mission Bay. Between frolicking in the water and playing in the sand time has flown by super-fast and I figure it’s way overdue for me tell you a little more about the area. This fabulous bay lies right smack in the middle [...]
San Diego is essentially a collection of “beach towns” and it’s one of the things we love about the place. Take a 30-mile drive along the coast and you’ll find a medley of little downtowns each with its’ own unique vibe and its’ own community. So you can go hang in free-lovin’ Ocean Beach, party with the [...]
Having bombarded you with a couple of pretty geek-intensive posts I figured I would get back to something cute and fluffy. In my mind, nothing is cuter than our furry family (that would be the pets, not Paul), and nothing is more fluffy than a wind-dried beach dog, and these past few weeks we’ve been [...]
So, we’ve left the land of sunshine and snowbirds and landed ourselves in Alabama, and thanks to a bit of paw-friendly planning we’ve discovered another fabulous beach here on Dauphin Island. We deliberately skirted the popular Gulf Shores area precisely because we wanted a paw-friendly experience, and I have to admit this place delivers. It doesn’t have quite the pristine [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain54°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Windy Days & An Old Fort – Silver Springs, NV
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Windy Days & An Old Fort - Silver Springs, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV