A pretty lakeside setting perfect for a few nights on Walker Lake just north of Hawthorne in West Nevada.
Site Quality = 3/5
There are 3 main camping [...]
A lovely, green (free!) lakeside campground right off Hwy 93 in Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge in south-central Nevada.
Location: Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV. Link HERE.
Coordinates: Entry to camping area around 37.313774, -115.129478. Link to map location HERE
Cost: FREE. 14-day stay limit. NO generators.
How We Found It: We heard about [...]
A stunning and remote boondocking area in the natural grasslands of south-central Arizona
Location: Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge. Link to refuge HERE
Coordinates: Entry to Buenos Aires around 31.812813,-111.44365. The refuge extends south to Mexico and east to Arivaca, AZ. Link to map location HERE
Cost: FREE (14-day stay limit)
How We Found [...]
Every year I not only look back at where we’ve been, but also the places we’ve stayed. I choose our campgrounds pretty carefully so we rarely end up somewhere we don’t like, but it’s always fun to tally-up our stops and share the best-of-the-best with my blog readers. This year we completed 38 total [...]
A gorgeously stark boondocking area 6 miles north of Bishop, CA off Hwy 395 in the East Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Location: Casa Diablo Road ~6 miles north of Bishop, CA. The area is officially referred to as the Volcanic Tablelands.
Coordinates: Approx. 37.419867,-118.411945 (start of Casa Diablo Road). Link to map location HERE. Link to info on [...]
Another lovely Oregon State Park set on a cliff above a beach on the very SW tip of the state in Brookings, OR
Site Quality =3.5/5
There is a big mix of [...]
A superbly located (and inexpensive) water-front dry-camping area in the Winchester Bay Marina on the central Oregon Coast.
Site Quality = 2.5/5
Very, very basic, but well-located sites here. The marina camping area is separated into 6 different sections (B [...]
A well-located, pleasant county park on the middle coast in Florence, OR
Site Quality = 3.5/5
Somewhat mixed site quality here. All sites are paved back-in with 50Amp/water and “sitting areas” containing picnic table and [...]
A very pleasant and lively state park just south of Newport, OR on the north-central coast.
Site Quality = 4/5
Very decent site quality here. Sites are paved back-in with 30Amp/water, good separation, and nice [...]
A simply lovely state park by both a cute town & great beach on the Northern Oregon coast. A gem of a place!
Site Quality = 4.5/5
Sites come pretty close to being perfect here, at least [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain54°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Windy Days & An Old Fort – Silver Springs, NV
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Windy Days & An Old Fort - Silver Springs, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV