A very basic, but fabulously-located campground to explore the cute, hip Victorian town of Port Townsend in NW WA.
Site Quality = 2.5/5
Generally fairly poor site quality here, but there is a [...]
Our morning starts in dense fog so heavy with moisture it casts a stream of droplets on the side of the RV. We can hear the roar of the ocean in the background, but our view is dark & eerily muted nestled as we are deep in the trees. Moss hangs all around us like the long beards [...]
I’m a bit of a roadside dining fanatic. Back in the day when we lived in Asia I used to love roaming the back alleys and discovering their hidden gems -> satay from a scooter in Singapore, phở from a little stand with plastic chairs in Vietnam, noodles from the street in Thailand. When I worked [...]
When I’m close to nature I find there are few “bad” days. I’m not talking about the weather here. In fact I’m mostly weather-agnostic and enjoy just about everything out there -> fog, rain, sunshine, wind. Each has its moments (in moderation of course) and thanks to the dog we get out in all of [...]
I’ve got a BUNCH of photos to share of the gorgeous place we’re staying, but before I get to them I thought I’d follow-up our previous post with one last lighthouse-related item -> a compilation of the top 10 questions we’ve been asked about lighthouse hosting over the past 3 years. As certified “lighthouse nuts” we’ve visited [...]
We’re back at “work” (and I use that term veeeery loosely) which means it’s time to update you all about what exactly we’re doing.
Those who follow the blog know that we like to volunteer in the summer months. In fact I’ve written extensively about volunteering & previous jobs in our volunteer section HERE. [...]
A very pretty and green State Park in a great location to explore the John Day area in NE Oregon
Site Quality = 4/5
Very nice site quality here with just a few small dings. There are a [...]
We’ve entered into the no-mans land of south-central Nevada, or rather what most would call no-mans land. It’s several hundred miles of endless dry desert and bare mountains intermingled with small, nondescript towns and long, interminable lines of asphalt stretching to near-infinity. This is the home to some of loneliest highways in the world, a [...]
Although we’ve been heavily side-tracked by taxes, friends & storms these past 10 days, we’ve also managed a few outings. The massive man-made lake that is Lake Mead covers no less than 2,337 sq miles (6,053 km²) and hides a bunch of interesting things to see both on foot and boat. Given that I get [...]
On Tuesday we raised the jacks and motored a whopping 45 scenic miles north on Lake Mead to our second boondocking spot in the area. Despite being only around an hour away from Las Vegas, this site has a totally different feel. Northern Lake Mead has the same golden rock shoreline and blue waters as [...]
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey