I don’t usually post two days in a row, but I know many of you are dangling on the edge of your seats wondering if we made it down the mountain. So, rather than keep you in stressful suspense I thought I’d let you know that we did…and all without any kind of drama at all. [...]
Back when I had the idea of living on an Island with “the beast“, hubby thought I was slightly mad. I can’t exactly tell you why I wanted to do it, just that I really, really did. Thankfully I’m more stubborn than a dead mule and I have to admit the entire thing turned out quite nicely. [...]
Believe it or not we’re only a few days away from leaving Orcas Island. Our 3 weeks here have sped by and soon our Island-hopping days will be over. The end of summer is near, cooler weather is nipping at our heels and the southward chapter of our RV travels is starting.
My oh my how life flies by.
It was going to be the longest 30 miles we had ever done. We knew this up-front. I mean it’s not everyday you take a 40-foot monster on a boat, cross an island, climb a steep mountain and park at the top. In fact this was going to be the very first time an RV [...]
As with every first-time experience we were all a bit nervous. Would we fit? Would “the beast” get sea-sick? Do they really know what they’re doing when they pack everyone like sardines on those things? I mean after all, we were putting our precious home on a boat and in the hands of complete strangers [...]
A very basic, but fabulously-located campground to explore the cute, hip Victorian town of Port Townsend in NW WA.
Site Quality = 2.5/5
Generally fairly poor site quality here, but there is a [...]
Our morning starts in dense fog so heavy with moisture it casts a stream of droplets on the side of the RV. We can hear the roar of the ocean in the background, but our view is dark & eerily muted nestled as we are deep in the trees. Moss hangs all around us like the long beards [...]
I’m a bit of a roadside dining fanatic. Back in the day when we lived in Asia I used to love roaming the back alleys and discovering their hidden gems -> satay from a scooter in Singapore, phở from a little stand with plastic chairs in Vietnam, noodles from the street in Thailand. When I worked [...]
When I’m close to nature I find there are few “bad” days. I’m not talking about the weather here. In fact I’m mostly weather-agnostic and enjoy just about everything out there -> fog, rain, sunshine, wind. Each has its moments (in moderation of course) and thanks to the dog we get out in all of [...]
I’ve got a BUNCH of photos to share of the gorgeous place we’re staying, but before I get to them I thought I’d follow-up our previous post with one last lighthouse-related item -> a compilation of the top 10 questions we’ve been asked about lighthouse hosting over the past 3 years. As certified “lighthouse nuts” we’ve visited [...]
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/48°Partly Cloudy77°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing