We awake to the sound of a woodpecker hammering in the distance and the soft rush of wind rippling through the pine trees. The sun is just barely cresting the tops of the forest, and the first warmth of its rays is teasing after a night of solid chill. There are only 2 other rigs in the entire […]
We’ve left the coast, and fall is in the air!!! We arrived in Eugene on an uncharacteristically sunny day to rich green fields, a nip of cold in the air and the earthy colors of fall strewn across the ground. Our first stop was our buddies at Elite Repair & Remodel to prepare for all our work […]
My last post was a blast & clearly resonated with many of you. There’s no doubt those of us who have the travel bug generally enjoy the RV lifestyle and that clearly includes many of you! Not everyone adapts to it (and I’ve written a little about that) but those we’ve met that have made […]
It’s been almost a year since we made the leap to solar on “the beast”. For those of you who missed the chair-gripping series I’ve got the whole exciting detail of how we decided what to buy and install in Part I (discovery), Part II (equipment) and Part III (installation). Since that time we’ve been geeking out […]
So, we come at last to the final installment of our story, and appropriately so on the last day of the year. It’s the last hurrah, the chocolate treat, the final ray of sunshine on the panels…you get the drift. Having decided on our equipment and specs we needed to make the very critical choice of […]
So, following on from my gripping introduction to solar yesterday it’s time, with fanfare and fireworks (it IS almost New Year’s Eve after all), to reveal our choice of equipment. Every RV is different, so what we chose may not be right for your rig or your needs. Always, always take the time to figure out what’s right for […]
It’s a cold winter day here in S.FL we’re generating power from the sun. As a self-confessed geek I find this outstandingly cool and for the past 5 days we’ve been glued like little kids in front of the solar charger display, oohing and aahing over the power coming in. We’re now ready to hit the road and live “off the grid” in the […]
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- 3,000,000 Thanks….And More To Come!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
Top Posts & Pages
- 3,000,000 Thanks....And More To Come!
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Journey
Where We’ve Been