It would be easy to imagine yourself at the end of the world. The fog is so heavy it rains a stream of constant moisture on your face, the waves so wild they crash dangerously on the rocks below and the shoreline so untamed it makes you gasp just to stand on the edge. We’ve made [...]
Towards evening we arrived at Cape disapointment on the Sea Shore. went over a bald hill where we had a handsom view of the ocean”
John Ordway Nov 1805
There are few places on the west coast where the threads of history and nature so intimately intertwine as right here at Cape Disappointment State [...]
“When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
I’ve traveled a lot in my lifetime, probably more than most so you’d think by now some of the excitement would wear off. I mean after 40 (or so ish) years of hiking, backpacking and seeing some [...]
Whenever I’m out in the boonies I’m inspired to photograph. Something about the wide, open desert and the way it glows golden in the early morning & late evening light makes it particularly gorgeous. Who can resist those long shadows? Or that warm hue? Or just the sheer magnitude of space and view? I never [...]
Having churned your brains to mush with some heavy posts on health and medical, I figured I would allow you a reprieve with some light and easy stuff today. After all Paul is away, the mouse is all alone and you know what I’m like in these circumstances. Much to everyone’s disappointment (I’m sure) I’ve [...]
Not going to be a lot of words today since I’m kinda pooped out from the last post and the exhausting week. Thankfully we’re in a soul-soothing place. If there’s anything which can wipe away your worries and refresh your outlook on life it’s the gorgeous Sierra Nevada Mountains. 400 miles of stunning peaks [...]
On Wednesday we arrived at Three Island Crossing State Park and saw GREEN GRASS!! Now, this may not seem like much of a thing for most of you, but since we’ve spent the last 4 months in semi-arid desert it was a total revelation. We parked the rig in the lush GREEN lawn, piled [...]
Apart from the fabulous sunsets one of the things I really love about the desert in the winter is hiking and when the conditions are right it’s one of the best solo adventures you can have. I do some of my best thinking while I hike (as does pooch, no doubt) so it always puts us [...]
“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.”
I’m a sucker for a good mountain hike and totally jive with that John Muir quote. A couple of weeks ago, when we discovered the Virginia Lakes hike in the northern section of 395 we were so ecstatic we ended up [...]
If you’re a geek like me you’ll remember the iconic IBM machine Deep Blue that beat the world champion of chess in 1997. It was a deep moment (geekwise) and for some reason that very image popped into my mind the first time I viewed Crater Lake. What I was seeing was almost inconceivable [...]
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear79°/48°Partly Cloudy81°/46°Clear84°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey