My little teaser at the bottom of my last post raised a few good guesses (some of which were right!!) and a few fun ideas. Well, wait no more! Today I reveal all and I have to admit we’re pretty darn excited for our plans, all of which will involve brand new experiences for us [...]
I spent last night dreaming about lighthouse keepers. Part of it’s being in this remote & crazy place, part of it’s the book on History of Female Lighthouse Keepers that I’m absorbing like a sponge. Many of these women followed their men to Lighthouse posts in god-forsaken spots and became widowed or [...]
As hard as it is to believe we’ve been “working” for 10 days already. Kinda amazing how time flies by when you’re having fun. And yeah…I did say “fun”. If you’ve been following this blog for a while you already know that we volunteer as lighthouse hosts for the love of the job and *not* for [...]
As most of you who follow the blog know we were lighthouse hosts last year on the OR coast and enjoyed it so much we are going to do the same job this year. If you like people, history and gorgeous coastal locations, then it’s an absolutely fabulous job and you get a free [...]
So we’ve been happily hosting at Cape Blanco lighthouse for the past week or so. The first few days were the toughest, as they always are, re-programming our brains with all the new lighthouse stories and sorting out the routine, but by the end of the week we were smoothly rocking and rolling. In [...]
You’ve decided to volunteer and are ready to jump in with both feet and all paws in the air. Now what? How do you actually go from there to full-fledged bona fide working RV on-the-road volunteers? I will not proclaim to be an expert, but I’ve applied for a fair number of jobs in my [...]
So, the very first step to figuring out how to volunteer on the road is figuring out where to look! Not all volunteer jobs are what I’d call RV friendly. For example many of the places I used to volunteer while in a “fixed” home (e.g. animal shelters) require training & longer-term commitments which are [...]
Given our new-found entry into RV volunteering I figured I would share a few posts about the whole process. Now volunteering is actually something I’ve always done in some form or another even before we went on the road. When I was a child I volunteered at my local school zoo (yes, we had one) and [...]
I’m sure all you folks are sitting on the edge of your seats practically bursting with anticipation at how our new job is going. I’ve actually got a few posts lined up on the whole volunteering thing since I know many RVers are interested, and hopefully the readers that are “old hands” at this won’t mind my [...]
It’s been another busy week. Besides the RV repair (which is still ongoing) we’ve met-up with some awesome folks, done some fabulous hikes, even rescued a dog (found lost and wandering the streets AND safely returned to owners -> one gold star of good karma for me I reckon). But for today’s post I wanted to [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/45°Chance of Rain68°/41°Chance of Rain54°/32°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing