Just a quick post today to finish up our stay in Yuma this past week. On Wednesday we had the lovely RV Sue over for dinner, allowing Paul to show off his cooking skills and all of us to enjoy a fabulous evening chat. The next day we knocked across the border with our [...]
When I last left you we were dancing naked around the RV….or at least I hinted at such an event. We were all alone in our luxurious spot by the mountains, reveling in the silence and basking in the peace of it all. I probably shouldn’t have been so boastful ‘coz not more than a [...]
We’ve made it to our next stop and yet another great boondocking spot. The town of Yuma, AZ sits right on the Mexican border and is a rather “hot” winter RV spot. Thousands of RVers come here, most of them cramming into massive RV parks that line the highway into (and out of) town. It’s [...]
It’s time to wrap-up our time here in Yuma so we can make it to the big show in Quartzsite. This is our second trip to this area and I have to admit it’s grown on us. Yuma is, in many ways, an odd kinda town…it’s a rather featureless valley that’s a huge snowbird destination, mostly [...]
“One in every five miners who came to California in 1849 was dead within six months.”
Quote from a writer of the Sacramento Bee
We’re in the heart of some of the oldest gold mine history in California and y’all know how I love those wild west stories. This is my kinda hard, crazy [...]
So we finally went to the dentist in Mexico and I know many of you are very, very interested in the results. I’ll start off by saying I don’t necessarily have the fear that many might have of getting care in a “foreign country”. I was born in a foreign country, grew up in Asia, have [...]
We’ve managed the first few days of the Arctic Blast without turning into boondocking ice-cubes, but we’ve got a couple more to go before things (hopefully) return to normal. Today will probably be our most testing day since temps this AM started just below freezing PLUS we’ve been rewarded with a brisk 25 mph wind to ensure we [...]
So we’ve left San Diego and can once again breathe the sigh of wide-open spaces and a relaxing desert sunset. Ahhhhh…in our beloved boonies once again! Nothing quite like expansive views at zero cost to make a boondockers heart a-flutter with joy…it’s glorious, it’s gorgeous, but it’s not all-together perfect. Oh no, it is certainly not. As Shakespeare [...]
A huge, easy lesser-known boondocking area with tons of interesting mining history ~14 miles west of Yuma, AZ on the CA side of the AZ/CA border.
Location: Ogilby Road, CA, S34 (no official info on the web, but there’s a very crude map of Yuma BLM areas HERE)
Coordinates: Approx. 32.817215N,-114.837856W (= SW corner of boondocking area). Link to map location HERE
Sadly we’ve come to the end of our boondocking escapade out by Yuma. We’ve headed off to San Diego, coming back after two cross-country trips and one full circle to the city where we started RVing over 2 years ago (it’s an odd feeling I tell you). We’re going to do some checking on our storage and complete various appointments [...]
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/48°Partly Cloudy77°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey