We’ve spent the past week in Bend, OR and it’s just SPED by. This town is one of the most diverse and interesting places we’ve been to in a while. It owes it’s popularity in part due to excellent location. It sits just East of the Cascades which puts it nicely on the “dry” side of [...]
Although we’ve been heavily side-tracked by taxes, friends & storms these past 10 days, we’ve also managed a few outings. The massive man-made lake that is Lake Mead covers no less than 2,337 sq miles (6,053 km²) and hides a bunch of interesting things to see both on foot and boat. Given that I get [...]
Well all that bragging about the weather was bound to catch up with me sometime. This is the Pacific Northwest after all, and it’s very green for a very good reason. Rain is the norm here and the sun is but a precious gift, to be worshipped and adored. Just to make that point clear, for [...]
Nothing much to report today except I deep-cleaned the RV carpets (thank you very much Mr. Rug Doctor), and I biked 15 miles on the Boise Greenbelt (thank you not quite so much from my buttocks). My rather sore derrière will remind me of this ride for the next several days, but for the rest of you who are [...]
This week may possibly be the most lazy week that we’ve had since we started RVing. We have done none…and I mean absolutely nada of the many wonderful sightseeing trips there are around Tucson. Instead we have rested our padded behinds on our camping chairs enjoying unobstructed views of the lovely Catalina Mountains, sipping [...]
Paul left a few days ago for Miami so I’ve been on my lonesome here in Usery Mountain Regional Park. Although I’m missing the hubby already, it’s nice to have a few days of alone time too. It’s pooch, 2 cats and a Dane loose and alone in the desert…very exciting stuff I tell you [...]
So we’ve gone through a bit of transformation which thankfully, as RVers and nomads, we are very good at doing. Departing our expansive natural digs in Borrego Springs for an asphalt parking lot in San Diego has been….well…an exercise in mental and physical adaptation. We arrived on Wednesday dusty (and no doubt smelly) from the [...]
We had a lot of expectations coming into Glenwood Springs. It’s the final resting home of notorious gunslinger Doc Holiday, is located just south of upper-class Aspen and is set in a winding canyon right alongside the Colorado river. All this we knew and were prepared for. When we arrived the glorious cliffs did [...]
Part of the joy we have in travelling the country is meeting up with old friends, sharing a pint or two and reminiscing about old times. These past 2 days have been rather special as we picked up our friend Lauren who’s not only a lovely guy, but rather an inspiration too. At the fine [...]
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Saturday SundayClear72°/54°Partly Cloudy72°/54°Clear73°/55°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
- We Sail, We Climb, We Conquer – Orcas Island, WA
- SP Campground Review – Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts - Patos Island, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- The Journey