We met a man…a man in a van. He was a mystery of a man, this van-dwelling man with nary a shower or even a can. One day we walked back from our afternoon wander and there he was. A teeny, tiny little wimp of a thing tucked into a corner in the shadow of [...]
So I’m finally blogging on the new platform after the last weeks’ bruhaha with the transfer. Whoo hooo! Lots of you were kind enough to check in and let me know things were working for you (and a few things that weren’t) so I sure appreciate that! I’ve also added a “mobile” version of the [...]
Hiking alone with pooch is one of my very favorite things. We hike at the same pace, she’s infinitely patient whenever I pull out the camera and we never need to talk…the perfect partnership. When we launch into the wilds it’s just us, the wide, open trail and the mesmerizing deepness of nature. Polly will [...]
Having churned your brains to mush with some heavy posts on health and medical, I figured I would allow you a reprieve with some light and easy stuff today. After all Paul is away, the mouse is all alone and you know what I’m like in these circumstances. Much to everyone’s disappointment (I’m sure) I’ve [...]
I’m not quite done with my musings on food, but today I thought I’d take you in another direction and go for a walk on the beach. It just so happens it’s the perfect day for it, and exactly the kind of day you should ditch everything else and go dig those toes in the [...]
So yours truly is (one again) getting up to no good on her own while hubby is away. That means it’s just me and the paws…the paws and I, and we’re doing it all in “big city” Boise. I place this in inverted commas because Boise is one of the few capitals we’ve travelled through [...]
Apart from the fabulous sunsets one of the things I really love about the desert in the winter is hiking and when the conditions are right it’s one of the best solo adventures you can have. I do some of my best thinking while I hike (as does pooch, no doubt) so it always puts us [...]
This past week we’ve been bouncing around a bit including a paddle-boarding session (with Polly) in Mission Bay and a week-end Casino-docking (yes, I’ve just invented the term and its’ brilliance shines through in the fact that you actually understood me, right?). As an RVer both are no-doubt scintillating stories, but we’ll start with the fun stuff [...]
I have to admit that San Diego is a darn nice place to get stuck for a while. It’s the kinda spot where everyday is an “ooooh, it’s just sooooo nice today!” kinda day. It’s one of the many reasons we decided to slow it down for a few months here and in fact it’s so [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain55°/32°Partly Cloudy64°/43°Chance of Rain68°/41°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing