So these past few days we’ve been back to the gorgeous San Diego winter weather that I know and love. Crisp, clear sunny blue days with picture-perfect shoreline and sea to match. That means beach-time for all of us, especially doggie, and since we’re such social butterflies we’ve been taking our friends along too.
Polly is a black mutt and from a photography point of view it I couldn’t have picked a harder subject. If you’ve ever tried to photograph a black dog you know exactly what I mean. In half the shots doggie comes out as an unidentifiable black blob, while in the other half the background gets [...]
So, yet again I’ve fallen head-over-heels in love. I’m rather prone to this, being somewhat of a hopeless romantic, and it’s a good thing hubby has a very open view of my fancies or we’d both be in trouble. Usually my fluttering heartstrings strum along the whims of chocolate, wine and other such indulgences, but this time they’re locked on a place. Yup [...]
Well, we’ve ended up staying in the little town of Edna, TX a little longer than expected. A few days back our pooch, Polly started getting sick. At first it didn’t seem like much, dogs being prone to little upsets now and then, but after a full night of vomiting followed by a morning of bright red [...]
In our house you could say camping has gone to the dogs…or the cats. Either way, camping is ALL about the pets for us. After all, what’s the point of being somewhere if you can’t share it with your furry friends, both the human and the animal version? So, when we’re on the road we do our [...]
The outside temperature has dropped to the 40′s (4°C), it’s drizzling a bone-chilling cold and we’re deep, deep into the TN forest. It’s moments like this that make you wonder what happens when 2 geeks in their expedition-weight Patagonia underwear spend several days holed-up in a large tin-can in the wilderness. Well, there’s many ways of keeping warm, of course…copious [...]
In our household our pets are our kids, and like all youngsters they get into trouble every now and then. It could be a goofball jump, a bite from an unsuspecting critter or just plain silliness but when our pets hurt themselves it’s a heart-rending moment.
We had our own little scare ~2 weeks ago [...]
It is a sad day indeed
When you see a flea in the RV
(Nina Fussing, 2010)
In retrospect almost anything can be poetic, and the day certainly started that way. A gentle breeze, soft sunshine on the verdant grass. I was playing a leisurely game of fetch with the dog, reading Oscar [...]
I’d always joked with my friends that I’d more than likely end up with a mangy Mutt. Life has a curious way of reflecting the mind and, as it turned out, that’s almost exactly what happened although not at all in the way I expected. And so we introduce the last character in our little RV family…our dog, [...]
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing