I may have touched once or twice on the apparent casual nature with which South Floridians approach the alligator. As a nordic gal who’s spent her entire life with sensibly substantial and preferably steel-reinforced barriers between me and the crocodilian species I find this attitude slightly mad, terrifying and absolutely fascinating at the same [...]
So, we’ve decided to stay another couple of days at Alafia River SP. It’s just too darn nice here and we can’t bear to rip ourselves away so soon.
First of all, the weather has been perfect. I mean ideal, lovely, warm, sunny days and cool evenings interspersed with brilliant sunsets, star-filled nights and gorgeous afternoon walks [...]
It’s like a scene out of Jurassic Park. Swamp lakes, green algae, and oak trees with long tufts of hairy growths swaying eerily in the wind. To complete the picture I hear a long, sonorous growl coming from somewhere on my left followed by a rustling and…how can I put it…a sniffle-snort-grunt coming from right in front of me. [...]
Another very relaxing stop, with some mountain biking thrown in for fun!
Link to campground here: Alafia River State Park
Link to map here: Alafa River State Park Site Quality = 4.5/5
This is a very new park and the sites reflect that. They’re all long, paved flat sites with nice [...]
Where Are We Today?Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Port Townsend, WA Today Monday TuesdayPartly Cloudy73°/55°Clear77°/52°Fog75°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
Top Posts & Pages