We’re in the banana belt and the natives are restless…or rather the Scandinavian nomad travelling through this sunny beach-town is taking rather a lot of photos & needs to blog more often! We’re in travel-mode again and it’s an energizing time. I always seem to have inertia to get moving once we’ve settled in a [...]
We’re coming to the end of yet another fabulous summer on the Oregon Coast. This place has so much to offer -> uninterrupted miles of 100% public (and dog-friendly) beaches, cute coastal towns and consistently cool summer temps. We LOVE the coast and we LOVE the State Parks, but coming here in the summer can [...]
So finally (finally) we are leaving Cape Blanco. I know I said I probably wouldn’t take anymore pics of this spot, but can I help it if the gorgeousness of the Cape just sucks me in and captivates me? And as if that wasn’t enough she decided to send us off in style, with a [...]
I spent last night dreaming about lighthouse keepers. Part of it’s being in this remote & crazy place, part of it’s the book on History of Female Lighthouse Keepers that I’m absorbing like a sponge. Many of these women followed their men to Lighthouse posts in god-forsaken spots and became widowed or [...]
Steadfast, serene, immovable, the same,
Year after year, through all the silent night
Burns on forevermore that quenchless flame
Shines on that inextinguishable light!
The Lighthouse, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, circa 1848
There is something so very moving about lighthouses, especially those who have never extinguished their light. They remain alive [...]
Believe it or not this is our last week at Bullards Beach State Park. Two months have gone…pfffft…just like that. It seems like only yesterday we showed up and arrived “home” and now we’re ready to pick up the jacks and leave. It’s a bittersweet moment. We’ve loved our time here, enjoyed Bandon, adored [...]
I’m not quite done with my musings on food, but today I thought I’d take you in another direction and go for a walk on the beach. It just so happens it’s the perfect day for it, and exactly the kind of day you should ditch everything else and go dig those toes in the [...]
We are admitted RV foodies. We LOVE food, DREAM about food and spend hours concocting interesting recipes so we can EAT the stuff. Many of our best memories center around the “day we ate xxx” which leads to rather mouth-watering strolls down memory lane, which in turn leads to planning the next meal which ultimately ends up [...]
“Have blueberries whenever you are low – destiny will change and you will be high”
One of the many (millions?) of reasons I love Oregon in the summer is an abundance of fresh, organic produce. Paul and I strive to eat a whole-foods diet that is heavy on fresh veggies, fruit, fish [...]
A superbly located (and inexpensive) water-front dry-camping area in the Winchester Bay Marina on the central Oregon Coast.
Site Quality = 2.5/5
Very, very basic, but well-located sites here. The marina camping area is separated into 6 different sections (B [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/45°Chance of Rain68°/41°Chance of Rain54°/32°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing