Using our brilliant rating system, here’s a review of the park we’ve stayed at in Phoenix, AZ for the past 2 weeks:
Link to park here: Desert Edge RV Village
- Site quality = 4/5
The sites are nicely landscaped (especially for a desert location) and a decent size. Each site has a concrete pad with picnic table and 50 amp hookups.
- Facilities = 5/5
Bathrooms are the best we’ve seen by far. Cute, spotlessly clean and heated (oh yeah, baby!). Showers are nice and large with a separate bench to put your stuff. They even went to the trouble to put up some pictures and decoration.
- Amenities = 4/5
Decent pool area with jacuzzi and work-out room. The park’s got cute little BBQ areas jotted around the place, plus a little playground for kids. WiFi is free, which is a bonus (when it works…we had some issues while we were here).
- Location = 2/5
Not the best of locations here. You’re a bit out of town, but not really in a nature-area, so kind of stuck in the middle. The bonus of being a little out of town is the extra space, but you’re not far enough out to be able to walk out the door and take a hike.
- Pet friendliness = 4/5
Lots of pet friendly touch’s here. There’s little dog-runs (access to a wash where doggies can go off-leash), poo-bags on every corner, and even a doggie grooming station (so cool!). The only ding is that they have breed restrictions, otherwise these guys would get a 5/5.
Overall rating = 3.8
BONUS ALERT: Doggie grooming station on-site!
Summary: This is a real cute park, albeit in a bit of a mixed location. It’s got a purple theme and is nicely landscaped with lots of nice, little touches like BBQ pits and the doggie areas. Given we’re in a big city, the park ambiance is great (I can see why many long-termers stay here), but just wish there was more nature out the door. Still, for a big city location it can’t be beat.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing