Using our brilliant rating system, here’s a review of the park we’ve stayed at in Phoenix, AZ for the past 2 weeks:
Link to park here: Desert Edge RV Village
- Site quality = 4/5
The sites are nicely landscaped (especially for a desert location) and a decent size. Each site has a concrete pad with picnic table and 50 amp hookups.
- Facilities = 5/5
Bathrooms are the best we’ve seen by far. Cute, spotlessly clean and heated (oh yeah, baby!). Showers are nice and large with a separate bench to put your stuff. They even went to the trouble to put up some pictures and decoration.
- Amenities = 4/5
Decent pool area with jacuzzi and work-out room. The park’s got cute little BBQ areas jotted around the place, plus a little playground for kids. WiFi is free, which is a bonus (when it works…we had some issues while we were here).
- Location = 2/5
Not the best of locations here. You’re a bit out of town, but not really in a nature-area, so kind of stuck in the middle. The bonus of being a little out of town is the extra space, but you’re not far enough out to be able to walk out the door and take a hike.
- Pet friendliness = 4/5
Lots of pet friendly touch’s here. There’s little dog-runs (access to a wash where doggies can go off-leash), poo-bags on every corner, and even a doggie grooming station (so cool!). The only ding is that they have breed restrictions, otherwise these guys would get a 5/5.
Overall rating = 3.8
BONUS ALERT: Doggie grooming station on-site!
Summary: This is a real cute park, albeit in a bit of a mixed location. It’s got a purple theme and is nicely landscaped with lots of nice, little touches like BBQ pits and the doggie areas. Given we’re in a big city, the park ambiance is great (I can see why many long-termers stay here), but just wish there was more nature out the door. Still, for a big city location it can’t be beat.
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Repairs, Remodels & Reunions – Eugene, OR
Top Posts & Pages
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 - Bishop, CA
- The Journey
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method