- Site Quality = 5/5
Awesome sites here all the way round the loop. There’s group sites at the front of the campground with single and double sites further back by the loop. All are paved, large enough to fit the biggest rigs and with firepit, grill and bench, plus plenty of space between campers. You get your choice of either shaded or open pads. Around the front of the loop (sites 15, 16 etc.) there’s the bonus of a view of the valley too.
- Facilities = 4/5
The campground has several flush toilets, all spotless. Only slight ding is no shower facilities. However there’s potable water at several locations around the loop and a central dump-station.
- Location = 5/5
Can’t really beat the location here. You’re right in the middle of Dixie National Forest at 8,600 feet and the campground is well enough away from the road that you get all the peace of nature right at your doorstep. Very cool little hiking trail down to a small waterfall starts right from the grounds, plus there’s access to weeks and weeks of other trails around the forest area.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
They’re very relaxed about pets here. Lots of space for doggie to hang out in your campground and access to plenty of space to walk them too.
Overall Rating = 4.75
BONUS ALERT = mountains, nature and views of the valley all in one.
Summary: This was a gem of a find in the cool, gorgeous forests above Capitol Reef. The sites are well-spaced and situated in a loop around a huge grassy meadow sprinkled with pinetrees. Most campers seem to head on down to the valley so there’s plenty of space and a very relaxed atmosphere at Singletree. Gorgeous views of the valley, plus the nature of the pines make this a great find. This will definitely be on our “come-back” list.
Extra Info: No cellphone or internet here unless you got Satellite so be prepared for communing with nature. Sites cost $10/night, Group and doubles available too. There’s a mix of reservation and first-come, first-serve sites. No hookups.
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- 3,000,000 Thanks….And More To Come!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
Top Posts & Pages
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- 3,000,000 Thanks....And More To Come!
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience