- Site Quality = 5/5
Awesome sites here all the way round the loop. There’s group sites at the front of the campground with single and double sites further back by the loop. All are paved, large enough to fit the biggest rigs and with firepit, grill and bench, plus plenty of space between campers. You get your choice of either shaded or open pads. Around the front of the loop (sites 15, 16 etc.) there’s the bonus of a view of the valley too.
- Facilities = 4/5
The campground has several flush toilets, all spotless. Only slight ding is no shower facilities. However there’s potable water at several locations around the loop and a central dump-station.
- Location = 5/5
Can’t really beat the location here. You’re right in the middle of Dixie National Forest at 8,600 feet and the campground is well enough away from the road that you get all the peace of nature right at your doorstep. Very cool little hiking trail down to a small waterfall starts right from the grounds, plus there’s access to weeks and weeks of other trails around the forest area.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
They’re very relaxed about pets here. Lots of space for doggie to hang out in your campground and access to plenty of space to walk them too.
Overall Rating = 4.75
BONUS ALERT = mountains, nature and views of the valley all in one.
Summary: This was a gem of a find in the cool, gorgeous forests above Capitol Reef. The sites are well-spaced and situated in a loop around a huge grassy meadow sprinkled with pinetrees. Most campers seem to head on down to the valley so there’s plenty of space and a very relaxed atmosphere at Singletree. Gorgeous views of the valley, plus the nature of the pines make this a great find. This will definitely be on our “come-back” list.
Extra Info: No cellphone or internet here unless you got Satellite so be prepared for communing with nature. Sites cost $10/night, Group and doubles available too. There’s a mix of reservation and first-come, first-serve sites. No hookups.
Where Are We Today?Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Port Townsend, WA Today Friday SaturdayRain Showers68°/50°Partly Cloudy68°/48°Fog72°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- CP Campground Review - Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Discovering Sequim Part II - Lavender Soul
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Journey