Sunset has always been one of my favorite times of the day. It’s a singular moment when the whole world changes before your eyes in a glorious visual play that differs every evening. The last heat of the day stretches its’ long fingers over the horizon and colors soften and warm to embrace the night. In photography we call it “sweet light”, a time when colors give a depth unlike any other and scenery takes on stunning changes.
In meditation it’s a period for transition and reflection. In that one short time-span everything in nature seems to still to watch the show, as if the world needs a moment to honor the change. Insects quieten, birds rest, even the mighty wind seems to ebb. It’s a magical moment and if you let yourself feel it, you can become part of the flow. The last thoughts of the day drift away, the warmth of the colors envelop you and a deep peace floods your heart.
One of nature’s many gifts, and something worth meditating on…
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey