People love to have me around in buggy situations. It’s not because of my technical expertise or brilliant deductive reasoning, but very simply because I’m a natural-born magnet for all things blood-sucking. I’m not sure if it’s my sweet smell or tasty insides, but either way I seem to attract hematophagous bugs like a homing beacon providing wondrous relief to all those around me while I suffer like a human piñata at a mosquito birthday party.
In these particular situations it can be hard to see the positive side of things, or even the point of it all. I mean really, are mosquitoes necessary? But these experiences nonetheless help to remind us that we’re only here at the mercy of Great Mother Nature. When we arrived in this bug-infested-mosquito-haven of an Iowa forest, Sioux City area had just had the wettest July on record followed by a random storm the previous week-end that dropped 1 ½ inches of rain in 20 minutes and roared 80 mph winds. Farmer Bob lost his outdoor building, power lines went down, hundreds of trees broke in Stone State Park and the extended muggy conditions created unprecedented numbers of mosquitoes.
It’s humbling when you look at it all and just a reminder that nature is so much more powerful than anything man-made. So, next time you’re being sucked dry by annoying bugs just remember, you’re only here at Nature’s whim.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy82°/52°Fog79°/48°Partly Cloudy75°/46°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey