People love to have me around in buggy situations. It’s not because of my technical expertise or brilliant deductive reasoning, but very simply because I’m a natural-born magnet for all things blood-sucking. I’m not sure if it’s my sweet smell or tasty insides, but either way I seem to attract hematophagous bugs like a homing beacon providing wondrous relief to all those around me while I suffer like a human piñata at a mosquito birthday party.
In these particular situations it can be hard to see the positive side of things, or even the point of it all. I mean really, are mosquitoes necessary? But these experiences nonetheless help to remind us that we’re only here at the mercy of Great Mother Nature. When we arrived in this bug-infested-mosquito-haven of an Iowa forest, Sioux City area had just had the wettest July on record followed by a random storm the previous week-end that dropped 1 ½ inches of rain in 20 minutes and roared 80 mph winds. Farmer Bob lost his outdoor building, power lines went down, hundreds of trees broke in Stone State Park and the extended muggy conditions created unprecedented numbers of mosquitoes.
It’s humbling when you look at it all and just a reminder that nature is so much more powerful than anything man-made. So, next time you’re being sucked dry by annoying bugs just remember, you’re only here at Nature’s whim.
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- 3,000,000 Thanks….And More To Come!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
Top Posts & Pages
- 3,000,000 Thanks....And More To Come!
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Journey
Where We’ve Been