It’s the crunch of sand under your feet, the feel of fine grains running through your toes, the smell of salt and the melody of the ocean in your ears. It can soothe you to the deepest sleep, lull you into a silent meditation or send you bounding like a wild, happy kangaroo down the shore. It’s the beach, and here is South Carolina it’s oh-so-baby-beautiful.
Hunting Island is one of the hundreds of Sea Islands on the Carolina coast. This little 5,000 acre paradise sits ~15 miles east of Beaufort, SC and was once a popular hunting preserve. It boasts 4 miles of pristine beach, a deep forest, a cool 19th century lighthouse (only $2 to climb), and endless hours of romance with your honey.
I haven’t seen beach this nice, this dog-friendly (pooch is welcome everywhere) or this deserted in years. There’s a few folks out, but most mornings and we have the place entirely to ourselves. We’ve spent a sublime week walking the shore, playing in the water and absorbing the beauty of the ever-changing sea and sand.
It just goes to show, you never know what kind of hidden treasures you’ll unwrap on the road. Can’t wait to see what our wheels bring us next…
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing
- The Journey