It’s the crunch of sand under your feet, the feel of fine grains running through your toes, the smell of salt and the melody of the ocean in your ears. It can soothe you to the deepest sleep, lull you into a silent meditation or send you bounding like a wild, happy kangaroo down the shore. It’s the beach, and here is South Carolina it’s oh-so-baby-beautiful.
Hunting Island is one of the hundreds of Sea Islands on the Carolina coast. This little 5,000 acre paradise sits ~15 miles east of Beaufort, SC and was once a popular hunting preserve. It boasts 4 miles of pristine beach, a deep forest, a cool 19th century lighthouse (only $2 to climb), and endless hours of romance with your honey.
I haven’t seen beach this nice, this dog-friendly (pooch is welcome everywhere) or this deserted in years. There’s a few folks out, but most mornings and we have the place entirely to ourselves. We’ve spent a sublime week walking the shore, playing in the water and absorbing the beauty of the ever-changing sea and sand.
It just goes to show, you never know what kind of hidden treasures you’ll unwrap on the road. Can’t wait to see what our wheels bring us next…
Where Are We Today?Sam's Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Desert Hot Springs, CA Today Monday TuesdayPartly Cloudy57°/36°Clear57°/34°Clear63°/34°
Love the Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- The Wheeling It Blog Has MOVED!!!!
- 2013 “Big 5″ RV Christmas Wish-List
- Thankful & Historic
- A Few More Dog-Friendly Hikes – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wonderfully Crazy Desert…
- Self-Medical Care Part III – Negotiating Doctors, Hospitals & Clinics With Cash Pay
- Self-Medical Care Part II – Self-Testing Links
- Self-Medical Care Part I – Why Do It?
- Spa, Spa, Spa….And RV Buddies! Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Our Top 5 Essential Boondocking Items
- Halloween Hairiness & More Putzing…Lone Pine, CA
- Putzing, Putzing, Putzing…And RV Sue!
- Boondocking Site Review – Volcanic Tablelands BLM, Bishop, CA
- $2 Gourmet Meals, Railroads & Some Apples – Bishop, CA
- Boondocking & Bumming In Bishop, CA