It’s the crunch of sand under your feet, the feel of fine grains running through your toes, the smell of salt and the melody of the ocean in your ears. It can soothe you to the deepest sleep, lull you into a silent meditation or send you bounding like a wild, happy kangaroo down the shore. It’s the beach, and here is South Carolina it’s oh-so-baby-beautiful.
Hunting Island is one of the hundreds of Sea Islands on the Carolina coast. This little 5,000 acre paradise sits ~15 miles east of Beaufort, SC and was once a popular hunting preserve. It boasts 4 miles of pristine beach, a deep forest, a cool 19th century lighthouse (only $2 to climb), and endless hours of romance with your honey.
I haven’t seen beach this nice, this dog-friendly (pooch is welcome everywhere) or this deserted in years. There’s a few folks out, but most mornings and we have the place entirely to ourselves. We’ve spent a sublime week walking the shore, playing in the water and absorbing the beauty of the ever-changing sea and sand.
It just goes to show, you never know what kind of hidden treasures you’ll unwrap on the road. Can’t wait to see what our wheels bring us next…
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear79°/48°Partly Cloudy81°/46°Clear84°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey