It’s been a few days since Thanksgiving but the left-overs are still teasing us from the fridge and, let’s face it, the memories of turkey are as fresh as the day the bird left the fryer. So, in that light I feel justified in sharing a few pics of the big day, despite the delay. It was, indeed, a day of firsts. Our first time spending Thanksgiving in the RV, our first deep-fried turkey (at least for hubby & I), and the first celebration for Polly (our doggie) who was simply beside herself with the aromas of the whole thing.
The beauty of it all is that it went so smoothly. We set-up the deep-fryer on the grassy area between our two RV’s (Paul’s dad’s and our own), collected the family, including Paul’s 90-year old grandfather, and spread out luxuriously in the massive space of green that we have here at Markham Park. Add-in some tunes, a good portion of beans and rice (gotta have the Cuban touch, after all) and a few glasses of wine, and the whole thing was really most festive. I can honestly say the turkey was delicious (deep-frying is definitely the way to go), and the company excellent. After an experience like this, why would you want to spend Thanksgiving anywhere else? I’ll be back to more gripping RV tales on the blog tomorrow, but in the meantime hope you’ve have a delicious week-end!
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey