It’s been a few days since Thanksgiving but the left-overs are still teasing us from the fridge and, let’s face it, the memories of turkey are as fresh as the day the bird left the fryer. So, in that light I feel justified in sharing a few pics of the big day, despite the delay. It was, indeed, a day of firsts. Our first time spending Thanksgiving in the RV, our first deep-fried turkey (at least for hubby & I), and the first celebration for Polly (our doggie) who was simply beside herself with the aromas of the whole thing.
The beauty of it all is that it went so smoothly. We set-up the deep-fryer on the grassy area between our two RV’s (Paul’s dad’s and our own), collected the family, including Paul’s 90-year old grandfather, and spread out luxuriously in the massive space of green that we have here at Markham Park. Add-in some tunes, a good portion of beans and rice (gotta have the Cuban touch, after all) and a few glasses of wine, and the whole thing was really most festive. I can honestly say the turkey was delicious (deep-frying is definitely the way to go), and the company excellent. After an experience like this, why would you want to spend Thanksgiving anywhere else? I’ll be back to more gripping RV tales on the blog tomorrow, but in the meantime hope you’ve have a delicious week-end!
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/46°Fog77°/46°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience