My life is definitely a bit of an adventure in motion, but there are highlights which sparkle and define themselves in my memory as particularly special and unique. One of these was a trip I did to Nepal in Oct 2007. I’d always dreamed of seeing the Himalayas and in 2007 I met a friend who presented just the trip I’d been looking for -> a remote, off-the-beaten-track 1-month trek to Ganesh Himal.
The fellow I met was Leo Murray and this energetic young soul had been travelling the world for more years than I’ve been around. He started in his youth and basically never stopped, planning unusual and explorative trips to places that are rarely visited. He invited some friends who invited some friends and from thence it grew. I heard about him from a friend, of course, and immediately signed up, leaving Paul holding down the fort in Hong Kong while I whisked myself off to a fabulous adventure in the mountains. The people I met on the trip became firm pals and the trek cemented itself in my memory as one of the best I’ve ever done (you can see pics here)
So, why bring this up on my RVing blog? Well, RVing is part of my life adventure and my goal is (hopefully) to help other people find their own life adventure too. As it so happens Leo is doing another one of his outstanding trips this summer, a horseback Expedition to a remote and rarely visited part of NW Mongolia and I’ve been drooling over the details. It’s his 12th trip to Mongolia and they just keep getting better every time. It’ll be from July 20th-Aug 5th 2011 through the Altai Tavan Bogd National Park, a region of glaciers, snowfields, forests, lakes and the highest point in the country Mt. Khuiten (4,374m/14,350 ft). If you’re looking for something totally unique and different to put down in your highlight of life adventures, this would absolutely be the trip to try.
I’m not affiliated with Leo’s trips in any way, except as a friend, so I’m putting this one out there purely for interest. You can check out the YouTube videos from his 2010 trip here, and if you feel the tug to go give Leo a shout at his e-mail click here. Oh, and let me know how the lifetime adventure turns out.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy82°/52°Fog79°/48°Partly Cloudy75°/46°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing