I’m rather a sucker for good timing and good omens which comes, no doubt, from having lived so many years in the Far East. So, I thought it rather clever of me to launch our 2011 journey map on the same day as the Chinese New Year.
The 3rd Feb signifies the New Moon of 2011 and the beginning of the Year of the Rabbit. Traditionally during this time the Chinese will do a thorough cleaning of their homes, pay respect to their ancestors, decorate the home (red and gold are particularly good colors) and exchange Lai See’s (red packets with money), all in preparation of a new year and opening the home for good luck. Well we’ve done a good RV cleaning, greeted our friends and swapped a few $$ between the two of us, so now I’m ready share our journey with open arms for good fortune in 2011. The new map is in our “journey” page and I’ll keep it updated with blog posts all along the way. In the meantime I wish you all Kung Hei Fat Choi, prosperity, wealth and health for the New Year!
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Repairs, Remodels & Reunions – Eugene, OR
Top Posts & Pages
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey