I’m rather a sucker for good timing and good omens which comes, no doubt, from having lived so many years in the Far East. So, I thought it rather clever of me to launch our 2011 journey map on the same day as the Chinese New Year.
The 3rd Feb signifies the New Moon of 2011 and the beginning of the Year of the Rabbit. Traditionally during this time the Chinese will do a thorough cleaning of their homes, pay respect to their ancestors, decorate the home (red and gold are particularly good colors) and exchange Lai See’s (red packets with money), all in preparation of a new year and opening the home for good luck. Well we’ve done a good RV cleaning, greeted our friends and swapped a few $$ between the two of us, so now I’m ready share our journey with open arms for good fortune in 2011. The new map is in our “journey” page and I’ll keep it updated with blog posts all along the way. In the meantime I wish you all Kung Hei Fat Choi, prosperity, wealth and health for the New Year!
Where Are We Today?Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
Sequim, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain72°/50°Chance of a Thunderstorm68°/50°Chance of Rain68°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
- Holiday Madness Week At Bustling Westport, WA
- Food Truck Dining & Driving North
Top Posts & Pages
- Discovering Sequim Part I - Lighthouse Loving
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- RV Park Review - Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing