“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present”
I was inspired by a brilliant post on happiness from fellow RVer and blogger live.work.dream the other day. It got me thinking about life, joy and positivity, all of which led me to weeds. It’s a convoluted thing my brain, at times, but somehow it all makes sense. You see I’ve always been very happy in nature. Like a pig in mud I thrill at the joy of dirt under my nails, the sounds of birds chirping in the air, the brilliant splash of color hidden in the ground. The more in tune with all that I get, the better I feel and this rings true all the way down to the weeds on the ground.
As insignificant and annoying as they may be, weeds can be some of the most brilliant, most beautiful and most fascinating things around. Wild and wonderful, they bring a dash of color as wildflowers, an element of sculpture as dried and sustenance to thousands of other species who depend on their existence. I can easily lose myself in the wonder of it all, especially with my trusty camera in tow.
And that brings me back to happiness. I’ve never been a naturally happy person (being rather prone to the serious side of life), but I work at it everyday, and for that reason I’m most certainly a naturally happy person. As paradoxical as that seems it’s absolutely true. I learned about affirmations in my 20′s, after a rather difficult period of depression, and from there progressed to meditation, yoga and the exercise of daily mental optimism. I consider it a work-out for my brain. In the same way that your body gets stronger by lifting weights your mind becomes happier via the practice of rejoicing.
So now you understand why weeds make me happy. By sharing that little piece of paradise with you, I’m hoping it’ll rub off and bring cheer to your day too. So, whatever your bliss may be, wherever your joy is found go out there and make it happen. For happiness is something that’s worth doing now.
Where Are We Today?Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
Sequim, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain72°/50°Chance of a Thunderstorm68°/50°Chance of Rain68°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
- Holiday Madness Week At Bustling Westport, WA
- Food Truck Dining & Driving North
Top Posts & Pages
- Discovering Sequim Part I - Lighthouse Loving
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- RV Park Review - Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing