A lovely State Park in the perfect location to explore Austin.
- Site Quality = 3.5/5
The sites here are decent. They are long asphalt pads with 30/50Amp & water, good separation between campers, selection of shaded and open choices plus picnic table, fire-pit, and tent-camping square at each site. The only ding is levelness. Many sites are uneven and a few have significant slope. Pull-throughs tend to be more level than back-ins.
- Facilities = 4/5
Facilities are nice. Good size bathrooms with large showers (2 per bathroom in a communal changing space) and good water pressure. Slightly dated, but kept nicely clean each day by the park. On-site dump, but no laundry.
- Location = 5/5
This is the perfect location to visit Austin. You’re only 10 miles from town, yet you’re right in the middle of lush and relaxing nature. Plenty of hiking and biking trails on-site. Historical interest with Rock Shelter and remains of the McKinney Homestead on-site.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
Good pet-friendly spot. Lots of hiking trails for pooch and good space to hang out outside the RV.
Overall Rating = 4.4
BONUS ALERT = Relax in nature only 10 miles from Austin!
Summary: This was the perfect spot to visit Austin. The park is only ~10 miles from town yet is set in a lovely, large green area with miles of hiking/biking trails, historical interest (Rock Shelter and the McKinney Homestead) and even several creeks with cute, little water-falls. The sites themselves are very decent asphalt pads with great separation, green “sitting area” and electric/water hook-ups. The only negative is some of them are rather uneven (with blocks and fully extended jacks our RV was just barely level). Overall we thoroughly enjoyed exploring/hiking the park and taking trips into Austin and would certainly stay here again if we came back.
Extra Info: Both Verizon aircard and phone worked fine. Sites are $16/night for 30Amp/water or $20/night for 50Amp/water. Additional entry fee of $5/person/day (waived if you have the Texas State Park Pass). On-site dump.
Where Are We Today?Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Port Townsend, WA Today Sunday MondayFog68°/48°Partly Cloudy73°/50°Partly Cloudy77°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- CP Campground Review - Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Journey
- Discovering Sequim Part II - Lavender Soul