There’s a well-known saying that the camera doth not the photographer make, and I do believe this to be true. Many of the shots I share on this site I capture with my trusty point and shoot, and I did professional photography for years with my good ‘ol Nikon D80 (not considered a fancy choice by any means).
But I’ve been drooling over new cameras in very much the same way that Polly looks at squirrels. You could almost call it a Pavlovian response. I’d gotten to the point of limits on my D80 and was feeling a sudden, overwhelming need for 39 focal points, 6 frames per second, 16.2 MP and well…so much more.
Excuse me for a minute while I wipe the slobber off my keyboard….
It was a fabulous surprise therefore when my parents decided to put me out of my misery and make it a present for my…shall we say…twenty plus-plus birthday (one of the big ones anyway, and women’s ages are approximate after all). I hunted around for a few months looking for the best deal and finally scored a brand new Nikon D7000 with the very blissful and sexy list of specs I wanted.
The new camera is a good step-up from my old one and it absolutely rocks! I took it out for a bounce around the park with Polly and my cheap macro-cheaters. After some hours lying in the grass and clicking away I most definitely feel like a new, happy doggie.
It may not make me a better photographer, but it sure is a nice treat
Where Are We Today?Sam's Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Desert Hot Springs, CA Today Tuesday WednesdayClear59°/30°Clear59°/37°Clear68°/37°
Love the Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Last Few Days At Sam’s Spa – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wheeling It Blog Has MOVED!!!!
- 2013 “Big 5″ RV Christmas Wish-List
- Thankful & Historic
- A Few More Dog-Friendly Hikes – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wonderfully Crazy Desert…
- Self-Medical Care Part III – Negotiating Doctors, Hospitals & Clinics With Cash Pay
- Self-Medical Care Part II – Self-Testing Links
- Self-Medical Care Part I – Why Do It?
- Spa, Spa, Spa….And RV Buddies! Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Our Top 5 Essential Boondocking Items
- Halloween Hairiness & More Putzing…Lone Pine, CA
- Putzing, Putzing, Putzing…And RV Sue!
- Boondocking Site Review – Volcanic Tablelands BLM, Bishop, CA
- $2 Gourmet Meals, Railroads & Some Apples – Bishop, CA