It looks like Groundhog Punxsutawney got it wrong when he predicted a late spring this year, at least for San Diego. An abundance of sunshine and early than usual warm weather has got the place a-buzzing and flowers a-springing. I started noticing hints of it a few weeks back and the show’s been getting better and better everyday. Spring has officially sprung and it’s bloomin’ fantabudaliscious (and yes I just made that word up on the spot)!!
Yesterday with hubby at the golf range, Polly and I decided to take the afternoon off to soak it all in. We loaded up the car for the ride -> Me con Camera and Polly avec Nose, and drove the whole 5 minutes from the RV park to our favorite pooch-spot at Fiesta Island. It was YET another fabulous day, the island was practically deserted, there was a light and brilliant breeze….and the trails were simply blanketed in flowers. Wave upon wave of brilliant yellow and scintillating white creating wild, moving dunes of perfumed ocean as far as the eye could see.
Honestly, how much more heavenly can life get?
We spent a good 2 hours hiking around the island, with nose and camera to the ground meeting only a few other fair-weathered dogs, but plenty of birds, teasing hints of squirrels (they do rather drive Polly nuts) and no end of gorgeous flowers.
The pictures do it justice more than words, so I leave you with images of wonder from the glory of nature. Click and enjoy for a burst of spring color on your screen
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayFog73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Journey
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"