We’ve travelled a mind-boggling 30 miles (48 km) down the coast and have found ourselves in yet another world. It always amazes me that small changes in location can yield such great changes in environment. It’s still the Central Coast, it’s still the beach, it’s still the ocean, but it ALL seems so very, very different.
Here the coast is wild and untamed. Miles of beach grass and rugged dunes that yield to a frothy, writhing ocean where currents twist and turn in unpredictable shapes. Endless horizons of sand wet and icy chilly, but smooth as glass from heavy tides with warm glistening reflections in the late afternoon sun. Ever-present winds weighed by ocean fog fast and thick. All-encompassing skies that move in moods from deepest blue to coolest grey.
At times the beach seems heavy and ominous with thick mist and angry waves. At times it seems lonely and almost (just almost) calm. Then at times it smiles to you in brilliant sunshine, opening up to expansive blue views and wispy clouds. Oh I never tire of the ocean. Ever…And I never tire of taking pictures of the sea. Every moment, everyday so very different. A changing expression, a different mood and ever-interesting stories to tell. It’s the fairytale of the Oregon Coast and there’s nary a word or picture that completely captures it. All I can say is….absolutely stunning!
P.S. All shots were taken at Bullards Beach, OR over the past two days
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Repairs, Remodels & Reunions – Eugene, OR
Top Posts & Pages
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 - Bishop, CA
- The Journey