We’ve travelled a mind-boggling 30 miles (48 km) down the coast and have found ourselves in yet another world. It always amazes me that small changes in location can yield such great changes in environment. It’s still the Central Coast, it’s still the beach, it’s still the ocean, but it ALL seems so very, very different.
Here the coast is wild and untamed. Miles of beach grass and rugged dunes that yield to a frothy, writhing ocean where currents twist and turn in unpredictable shapes. Endless horizons of sand wet and icy chilly, but smooth as glass from heavy tides with warm glistening reflections in the late afternoon sun. Ever-present winds weighed by ocean fog fast and thick. All-encompassing skies that move in moods from deepest blue to coolest grey.
At times the beach seems heavy and ominous with thick mist and angry waves. At times it seems lonely and almost (just almost) calm. Then at times it smiles to you in brilliant sunshine, opening up to expansive blue views and wispy clouds. Oh I never tire of the ocean. Ever…And I never tire of taking pictures of the sea. Every moment, everyday so very different. A changing expression, a different mood and ever-interesting stories to tell. It’s the fairytale of the Oregon Coast and there’s nary a word or picture that completely captures it. All I can say is….absolutely stunning!
P.S. All shots were taken at Bullards Beach, OR over the past two days
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Saturday SundayClear72°/54°Partly Cloudy72°/54°Clear73°/55°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
- We Sail, We Climb, We Conquer – Orcas Island, WA
- SP Campground Review – Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts - Patos Island, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- The Journey