As we wind down to our very last day before Christmas, I’ve decided I’m giving you all the present of a mini-reveal of what we’re up to. After all, one can only string suspense out so far, and I wouldn’t want to leave you all stressed out and speculative over the holiday eve. It’s the least I can do, ya know.
The guesses in the last post were a blast of fun and many of you were spot on, at least for part of the mod. As Leigh rightly pointed out the pic with the tools in front of the window was a hint and several of you guessed correctly that the long box contains new MCD shades (we nabbed the very last day of of a special 30% off deal on these blinds in November!). So, not only are we replacing our blinds and getting rid of those horrible pleated string-shades, but we are taking advantage of the mod to update our drab brown valences too (why oh why does everything in RV’s have to be brown?). It’s our Christmas present to each other -> a brand new indoor window look with a bit of elbow grease thrown in to get the final result.
So the project is in full swing, but likely won’t be done until late next week sometime. We’ve taken down ALL our valances, ripped off the old fabric (which took quite a bit of doing…whoever wrapped these things was in love with the staple gun, argh!), gone fabric shopping, hemmed and hawed over hundreds of choices and are finally somewhat ready to re-wrap the valances. Of all the tasks choosing the fabric has been the most challenging. We found a cool & funky fabric shop in San Diego (Discount Fabrics) and I was immediately attracted to the coolest EVER -> a baby-blue irresistibly soft 70′s style shag. Grooooovy, baby!! Sadly I was voted down by a horrified hubby and we’ve gone for a more reasonable, yet still somewhat hip upholstery choice…at least that’s the idea. We’ll see.
But the final reveal is yet to come. In the meantime I’ve got plenty of prep-work for the holidays including making traditional Danish rice pudding (tonight) and Ris-a-la-Mande (tomorrow), keeping the RV Christmas Elves in check (they’re always up to mischief this time of year), and socializing with our neighbors. In fact we have a little mini-muti-gathering of RVers at the park right now with Alex&Ellen right behind us, Hans&Lisa (from Metamorphosis Road) just down the row, Sue&Dave (and 2 doggies) arriving today, our buddies Wendy&James (and lovely doggie Abby) arriving in a few days and the gorgeously shiny Airstream of Watson’s Wonder (and sweet doggie Phineas) across the way.
So, if I don’t manage to resurface until after the festivities, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! May your hearts be open, your bellies full and the spirit of Christmas in your RV
Where Are We Today?Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Port Townsend, WA Today Thursday FridayChance of a Thunderstorm64°/52°Chance of Rain66°/50°Partly Cloudy68°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
- Holiday Madness Week At Bustling Westport, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Discovering Sequim Part II - Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I - Lighthouse Loving
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness